Software Development Engineer in Test
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, define, execute, report and refine quality test plans and test cases per the organizational quality objectives.
- Understand the domain product vision and roadmap
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Develop and manage QA automation roadmap to enable continuous improvement
- Write, execute and maintain a combination of manual and automated testing to ensure high quality releases
- Increase the automation of tasks and expand test coverage through both new and existing infrastructure
- Able to work across multiple platforms (Web, Android, iOS) is required
- Lead and collaborate with multiple organizational teams to develop and execute test plans, with the aim of maximizing test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing functionality at scale.
- Integrate with CI infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Mentors SDETs. Ensures that code and designs think beyond immediate requirements and are easily maintainable and adaptable to future requirements. Innovates.
- Defines coding standards and conventions. Insists on highest standards. Assesses SDET code, designs, and delivery for promotions.
- Participates in SDET interviews. Advises SDMs, product managers and senior engineering leadership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Required experience with multiple frameworks like Cypress, Espresso, XC UI test, Selenium, JMeter, wire mock, MySQL
- Experience working with grey/white box testing
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and quick to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Experience mentoring and managing team of SDETs is a plus
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Experience with Agile Development and testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions is required
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.