Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily hands-on development with technologies such as Terraform, Azure Devops, Kubernetes and many AWS services means you get to continually expand your knowledge.
- Contributing to architectural and design decisions within engineering organization.
- Delivery and execution are critical, so you will be launching and iterating regularly in an Agile environment.
- Utilize your technical expertise and to guide software engineers and fellow SREs to create large scale, resilient, distributed systems and tools focused on improving developer velocity and stability.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager in Operations, DevOps, SRE, or Software Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in an SRE, DevOps, or similar operational role.
- You can write code in any language and have deployed your work in production.
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools, i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience working in large scale distributed systems in a 24/7 SaaS focused environment.
- Experience with operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Deployment best practices and tools i.e ADO, Jenkins, etc.
- You have exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for developing relationships at the engineering, and business levels throughout the organization.
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.