Do you want to be a part of a growing and energetic startup with a product spanning 190 countries? Tradeshift is disrupting the enterprise software space and in a big way. B2B has entered the Platform era and we are leading the charge. By connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform, network, and tools needed to develop apps, communicate in real-time, and create value from old processes like invoicing, payments, and workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years.
We recognize that business is messy and business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
Tradeshift is looking for a Tokyo-based, seasoned Sales Engineering Manager, to be a part of our global sales team, support our Enterprise Sales and Alliances Managers in Japan, and closing deals with Global Fortune 500/1000 companies. We have set out to change the way that business software works, and this individual will be a leader in taking the product and platform to new markets alongside our top-notch sales team.
• Maintain a deep understanding of our product and industry along with an awareness of the competitive landscape
• Support the Executive Team on short and long-term strategy and positioning
• Support internal teams (Marketing, Product & Delivery, Strategic Partnership) in identifying product
enhancements, solutions, 3rd party solutions and marketing campaigns to generate revenue opportunities
• Represent Tradeshift at industry events and conferences worldwide
• Craft messaging for the sales team to be used in marketing presentations and collateral
• Support and drive the team's sales cycles through pre-sales activities, from initial contact to project completion
• Deliver compelling business cases to executive teams
• Manage a smooth handover process from Sales to Delivery and lend support to our Delivery team in the
initial stage of the process
• Respond quickly to RFPs, leveraging our value proposition
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a sales engineer role with significant exposure to executives, global sales teams,
and internal teams
• Ability to think strategically about how to evolve our product to remain competitive
• Deep understanding of Procure to Pay with a rich knowledge of how the Accounts Payable process functions
• Experience with cloud computing, enterprise sales, and the importance of applying each within large corporations
• Understand the demands of startup life and how to execute with urgency
• Enjoy the turbulence that comes with a lean and agile team staying competitive in a well-developed area of
• Comfortable with the following platforms: Salesforce.com, Macs, MS Office, Google Docs
• Outstanding communication skills and deadly convincible
• Highly collaborative among high-stress, cross functional internal teams
What We Offer
• An ambitious, international startup environment with a vision and strategy to create something BIG
• A competitive compensation package including stock options
• A Macbook Pro
The Tradeshift story
So three Danes walk into a garage...
It began with a dream.
In 2005, entrepreneurs Christian, Mikkel and Gert had a vision: to connect every business in the world. So when the Danish National IT & Telecom Agency asked them to create an e-invoice network, they saw an opportunity to create something bigger.
First, they built EasyTrade, the world’s first open-source trade platform.* (Did they blow a few minds and break some rules along the way? You bet they did.)
Then, the trio got to work again. This time, to realize their vision of an open business platform for the whole world, not just Europe. A platform that would transform the way businesses work together. From broken to efficient; from complicated to simple; from archaic to modern.
And so, Tradeshift was born.