Full Stack Engineer - Basket Team
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
Procure-to-pay, Supplier Engagement for Enterprise Procurement
Do you want to be a part of a growing and energetic start-up with a product spanning 190 countries?
Founded in 2010, Tradeshift
is the world’s largest business commerce platform that connects buyers and sellers. Tradeshift connects over 1.5 million companies across 190 countries, is on track to process over half a trillion USD in transaction value, and has a marketplace containing 28 million SKUs. It offers solutions for procure to pay, supplier engagement and financial services, and enables companies and partners to build custom or commercial apps on its business commerce platform. Tradeshift is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Copenhagen, New York, London, Paris, Suzhou, Tokyo, Munich, Frankfurt, Sydney, Bucharest, Oslo, Stockholm, and Kuala Lumpur.
We are looking for an outstanding Full Stack Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market and improve our existing platform and products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world and make business applications better for people. We believe in team-based component ownership, development and quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support.
Our teams have great autonomy and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level. Of course, this will not be easy; you will face a lot of complex challenges in our growing, global, fast-paced startup.
Our Tradeshift Romania team:
Within our first office from Romania, opened in 2017, we intend to continue our growing plans in order to sustain our vision to connect every business in the world with one solution that evolves as you do.
As part of the Engineering team in Bucharest, you will design and implement new products and technologies that will accelerate the growth of Tradeshift's business commerce network. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the products to the next level.
About the Basket Team
Be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team, working on a key project that makes it possible for Tradeshift users to have that one place where all items that further need to be purchased , are added and can be handled according to their needs.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing business-critical features for our enterprise customers, while using a diverse technology stack and working with the global Tradeshift product and engineering teams.
Apart from continuously improving the existing product by coming up with improvements and adding new functionality, you are also expected to follow through with the product as it reaches production, by investigating issues, fixing bugs and handling incident response. We value team players who are passionate about what they are doing, who want to learn new technologies, who are willing to take on hard challenges and dive into unknown territories.
What you will be doing:
- Implement full-stack features, from front-end experiences to databases and APIs, while working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work closely with product managers and designers to define and ship the product experience
- Design and implement services that are highly-available and reliable, and build features to enable new Tradeshift productsWrite high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Build reusable code, libraries and components, for future use
- Brainstorm technical architecture options on a whiteboard with your team
- Be involved in all aspects of the product development, from user story to final implementation and production supportIdentify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Good Java skills, experience with application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Deep understanding of the full web stack and technologies, including web markup
- Experience with Node.js is a must
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. and related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to engineers, designers, and product managers
- Fluent in English
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience implementing microservices and/or working with containers
- Experience designing and building applications on top of AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with structured development and build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration and deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Experience with or interest for high-scalability distributed system technologies
- Know a lot about what is happening in the world of cutting-edge web SaaS/PaaS development
Culture & Perks:
Tradeshift is a very special place. What makes and keeps us special is our people and how we work together. Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride and passion and embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
At the center of Tradeshift’s values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
• Ambitious international startup
• An agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
• A highly skilled international team that is working on a global product from a strong strategic vision
• Competitive compensation package
• Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
• Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
• Flexible working hours/ vacation policy
• Company laptop
• Medical Insurance
• Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
• Fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
• Free drinks & snacks
• Safe outdoor bike parking spot
• Access to Bookster
• Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
• Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
• Company events like Team Camps, Hackathons, Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations etc.