What you'll be working on...
- Contribute to the overall management AWS cloud infrastructure, from IAM permissions to multiple service implementations
- Contribute to the overall management of the CDN Infrastructure, including security and performance enhancing services
- Work with the Principals across the company to design, document and implement solutions that cross one or more infrastructure and operations functions – be the glue that brings together solutions to complex issues.
- Take ownership of problems and proactively resolve technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Take full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Work with the Principals across the company on aspects of governance and approval of initiatives that are infrastructure based, or require support from other infrastructure functions from other business units (e.g. Development, Marketing, Contact Centre, Security etc)
- Proactively ensure that Availability, Performance and Reliability are included in technical and architectural discussions, actively question decisions and provide guidance and own experience to ensure no stone is left unturned and risks are identified and highlighted
- Keep up to date with the latest relevant technologies, continually evaluating their use for Trainline platform\infrastructure.
- Work with DevOps Engineers in product aligned teams to ensure their needs in the P\IaaS space are met and that there are agreed expectations on both sides, working to document guidance and improve self-service
- Use your own experience and learning to provide a fresh approach to technology and processes, thinking outside the box coming up with innovative and unique solutions, pushing the bar higher each time
- Provide a teaching\coaching role to members of the Platform Delivery teams so that they can understand choices made, keep up to date with latest technology choices and continue their professional development.
What you'll bring...
- Proven experience working in enterprise and AWS Cloud environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of latest technologies in the P\IaaS space, particularly around automation.
- Able to lead by example, a hands-on technical support engineer who has ‘been there and done that’ and is not afraid to get stuck in and implement their designs.
- A solid background in technology with demonstrable career progression through roles with increasing technical proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Highly customer focused
- Enterprise Technology: Concepts around High availability clustered systems, N+1 (or more) architecture, Multisite\datacentre deployments, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, CloudWatch, EKS, ECS, IAM and many more
- Load balancer infrastructure, working knowledge and previous experience in Nginx preferred
- Experience with E-commerce and Website Operations
- Akamai / CDN experience.
- Automation and Infrastructure as Code: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Operating System: Linux
- Knowledge of environments management and configuration orchestration technologies (eg GitHub, Team City, Artifactory, GitLab)
- Containers - Use of Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with Public DNS and Certificates
- Production experience with frontend web services including Apache, IIS and NGINX
- Firm grasp on security and its importance within a Cloud environment, PCI-DSS
- Good understanding of the HTTP stack and RESTful API’s desirable
- Knowledge of coding and use of Regular Expressions, mod rewrite etc, software development experience is a bonus
- Scripting knowledge: PowerShell. Automating repetitive tasks with custom scripting
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows, including knowledge of Active Directory Domains, DNS, DHCP, IIS etc.
- Understanding of DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Monitoring & Web Analytics Tools
- Understanding of Networking such as TCP\IP networking, Firewalls, NAT Instances, Internet technologies
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money. We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.
Want to learn more about Trainline? Visit Trainline's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff/Principal Platform Engineer
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA
Cloudflare, Austin, Texas
Software Engineer – Hardware-in-the-loop Simulations
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer
NGINX, San Francisco