We’re Trainline, Europe’s leading rail and coach travel app. We know travel’s better when there’s less stress and less time spent planning, therefore our aim is to bring together all rail, coach and other services into one simple experience, so customers get the best prices and smart, real time travel info on the go 🚝🚌🌎
Technology @ Trainline👩💻👨💻
Over half of our staff are technologists, we're changing the way that people travel through the use of high quality software and technological innovation.
We know that great software requires great coding practices. Trainline is used by millions of people every day, we process over 200 ticket sales per minute, and 80 million+ transactions per month. It simply would not be possible to move fast enough if we were not able to trust our engineers to produce code of the highest quality. Here are some key practices which we insist upon across our teams that allow us to release over 300 times per week.
We review code via pull requests ✔️
We pair smartly✔️
We advocate Test-Driven Development (TDD)✔️
We treat staging like production✔️
Purpose of the Role 🙋
We are looking for an Agile Business Analyst to join our Data Engineering team. Data is at the heart of what we do at Trainline. Our Data Engineers are responsible for our real time data processing platform, which process billions of rows a day into our Data Lake and hosts a number of exciting data products in production. We work with Data Science and Product to create data-driven products that challenge and change how our customers travel and interact with our platform.
As a business we are data led and as a BA you will work incredibly closely with our Engineering team, reporting into the Engineering Manager. Your role will be to contribute to the design + implementation using Agile and lean practices like MVP and value driven feature development.
//As a Business Analyst at Trainline you will...🚄
- Take ownership of requirements gathering process, proposing solutions + guiding their implementation through development and commissioning phases.
- Work closely with product owner + designers to evolve existing proposition with new features
- Assist product owner and pro-actively undertake data analysis to support decisions and generate hypothesis.
- Interview customers, workshop with product stakeholders, run discoveries and produce a suitable set of stories that can be refined to provide context for development team.
- Take ownership of the Agile scrum ceremonies and facilitate daily stand-up, planning and retrospectives.
//We'd love to hear from you if you...🔍
- Can demonstrate your ability to determine requirements and evolve them into actionable work for teams
- Have full confidence in Agile/lean approaches and can define minimum viable units of delivery
- Experience working in a high-throughput environment (preferably e-commerce)
- Willing and have facilitated Agile ceremonies and acted in a scrum master capacity
- Are highly commercial and customer focused.
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude, we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those individuals who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money.
We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.