What You'll Be Working On:
- Design, deliver and support a scalable data platform, tools and solutions that can be used for data mining and the creation of personalised experiences.
- This is a key role that will create a data platform that lies at the very heart of our organisation, so the Data Engineer will need to work and support:
- The Head of Data Architecture who leads the data engineering activities.
- Front End Product Owners and Development Teams (Web, mobile Web and Mobile Apps) to ensure that services delivered meet their needs.
- New Head of Data Science and the (recently formed) Data Science team to create data analyses and data products that provide valuable insights and personalised experiences.
- The data insights team who perform data analytics around business performance.
- Chief Software Architect to ensure alignment and optimisation of our Architecture strategy.
- Head of Infrastructure and Business Agility to ensure alignment with our infrastructure strategy and ongoing optimisation.
What You'll Bring:
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages (Clojure, Python, Java, Scala). Preferably Clojure;
- A strong background in software development
- Experience in data solutions using the Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Pig, Hbase, etc)
- Experience of stream processing technologies (Kafka, Storm, AWS Kinesis, etc).
- Personalisation & Predictive Analytics solutions using Machine Learning.
- Extensive experience integrating external APIs and pulling data from SQL databases (especially Oracle & SQL Server).
- Extensive experience creating internal services for front-end teams to consume.
- Preferably, two years of experience with AWS (including, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, ECS, EKS, RedShift, etc)
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money. We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.
Want to learn more about Trainline? Visit Trainline's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Outdoors
Massdrop, San Francisco
Director of Development, Southern California and Southwest
Obama Foundation, Los Angeles, CA
Partner Sales Engineer
MemSQL, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Solutions Consulting
Index Exchange, New York
Director, Business Development (Retail Partnerships)
Happiness Ambassador (Part Time)
Oh My Green, Seattle,Washington