What you'll be working on
- Be responsible for the Technical Delivery of your team.
- Lead by example by remaining hands -on and deeply involved in the technical work of your team.
- Take ideas and requirements from multiple sources and ensure they get turned into well -defined tasks that are ready to be worked on by software developers.
- Balance competing priorities and maintain a prioritized backlog of work for the team.
- Ensure that everyone in the team has a reasonable workload.
- Track the progress that team members are making and transparently communicate that progress externally.
- Ensure that everyone in your team keeps to agreed processes, standards and designs.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more effective.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well in production.
- Hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with every member of your team; at least every 2 weeks.
- Agree personal objectives for team members, and then provide support to help them to be met, as well as tracking and reviewing progress.
- Generate enthusiasm and a sense of pride within your team for the both product features you build and the engineering skills you apply to problems.
What skills you'll bring
- C#, ASP.Net, MVC, WebAPI, .NET Core.
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of design patterns and engineering best -practices.
- Architecture mindset - analysing of the shelf tools and picking and integrating best fit
- Leading a team of software developers
- Experience in the non-coding aspects (liaising with other leads/engineers/showcases, ensuring that engineering teams are considered at all times)
- Designing and developing systems for both high availability and scalability.
- Applying problem solving skills to technical issues.
- Performance profiling and tuning of .NET code.
- Writing automated tests (both unit and integration tests), BDD, TDD.
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money. We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.
Want to learn more about Trainline? Visit Trainline's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Representative (Chicago, IL)
PlanGrid, Chicago, IL
Partner Success Lead
AltSchool, San Francisco, CA
Trustpilot, New York, NY
Media Partnerships Manager
Happiness Ambassador (Part Time)
Oh My Green, Nashville, TN
Business Development Manager / Entrepreneur in Residence (m/f)