- Contribute to the overall engineering of our public cloud infrastructures.
- As part of the team, take full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Keep up to date with the latest relevant technologies, continually evaluating their use for Trainline platform\infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure that availability, performance and reliability are included in technical and architectural discussions, actively question decisions and provide guidance and own experience to ensure no stone is left unturned and risks are identified and highlighted
- Work with engineers across the company to design, document and implement solutions that cross one or more infrastructure and operations functions – be the glue that brings together solutions to complex issues.
- Provide a teaching\coaching role so that others can understand choices made, keep up to date with latest technology choices and continue their professional development.
- Use your own experience and learning to provide a fresh approach to technology and processes, thinking outside the box coming up with innovative and unique solutions, pushing the bar higher each time.
Knowledge and Experience...
- Proven experience working in enterprise and AWS Cloud environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of latest technologies in the P\IaaS space, particularly around automation.
- Able to lead by example, a hands-on technical support engineer who has ‘been there and done that’ and is not afraid to get stuck in and implement their designs.
- A solid background in technology with demonstrable career progression through roles with increasing technical proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong and fast learner is the key skill as the technology we use today is not the one we will work on tomorrow
- Strong operational experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS a plus)
- Writing infrastructure code is already what you are doing most the day
- Strong automation skills: from the willingness to automate everything to knowing how to write, test and implement enterprise grade pipelines for your code.
- Expert in at least one configuration management tool/framework
- Good operating knowledge of any Linux distro
- In-depth knowledge around virtualisation, containers and FaaS
- Enterprise technology: concepts around highly available clustered systems, multi-regions deployments, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Able to showcase both internally and externally and also adjusting to your audience the work you are doing or have done
- Experience with E-commerce and Website Operations
- Experience with DNS and PKI management
- Experience managing/operating Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Firm grasp on security and its importance within a Cloud environment, PCI-DSS, CIS-CAT
- Understanding of networking such as TCP\IP networking, firewalls and other related internet technologies
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money. We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.
Want to learn more about Trainline? Visit Trainline's website.
Jobs You May Like
Persona Desarrolladora de Software Senior
Information Security Analyst
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer
Sr SRE, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
Box, Redwood City Office
Solutions Architect - Sweden
Elastic, Stockholm, Sweden
Machine Learning Engineer, SF
Mixpanel, San Francisco