Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.2 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Purpose of the Role
The Employee Communications Executive reports to Sara Luker.
You will work alongside Sara to deliver on the overarching Employee Engagement communications plan and help ignite employee behaviour to accelerate our business and activate our purpose.
- Work with Sara, Talent, PR and Social media teams to design and deliver an employer engagement plan that promotes Trainline as a great place to work, inside and out.
Content planning, creation and dissemination
- Establish and manage how we can gather news from all of our business areas and locations – so we can be timely in our content output
- Manage the planner calendar for news, events and stories
- Recruit and manage a network of Trailblazers that will become your eyes and ears for news, help with events and amplify awareness of comms campaigns
- Brief and work with our Content Manager (UK) on creating content for our channels:
- Weekly or bi-weekly email called The Download – digest of the timeliest news and most relevant information for the entire company
- A sub-brand of The Download that is a Slack only publication – which can turn news around quicker
- Digital signage in all three locations
- Support Sara with the logistics around the CEO’s channel ‘Monthly Comms’.
Employee social advocacy
- Work with our UK and European social media managers to coordinate content that works hard for our employer brand on our owned social channels as well as internally.
- Encourage employees to amplify key social content and become brand advocates.
- Work with the broader team to deliver our regular rhythm of meetings including:
- Monthly all-company All Hands
- Annual all-company Summer Meetup
- Supporting our Execs on offsites for their areas of the business
- Attend and/or help out at evening events, such as meetups
- Planning and support of key in-house talks, brown-bags, workshops
- Planning and delivering CSR events
- Engagement events for London-based employees with guidance for Paris and Edinburgh to follow the same timescales and design (where it suits)
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in internal communications within a fast moving, international business with a culturally diverse and dispersed team
- Prior experience working with HR teams.
- Knowledge of social media and an eye for innovative, high impact communications across multi-media channels
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English required; fluency in other European languages useful but not essential
- Hands-on self-starter
- Inspires passion and excitement around shared goals and values
- Can work collaboratively and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail
- Results-oriented and strong sense of ownership
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money.
We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.