Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.2 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 80 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
The Finance team has been central to supporting the business through this continued growth. Headed up by Shaun McCabe (a proven Finance leader in Digital & Technology), the team is laser focused on thinking insight not simply numbers, adding value across the business and acting as a true commercial partner at every step. To support our ambitious commercial goals, we’re expanding our world-class Finance team to drive the next stage of our development.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, Data & Controls, you’ll be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all financial systems and will take a hands-on approach with both Finance and the wider business. We implemented MS Dynamics D365 in 2018 as a crucial part of our strategy to overhaul our financial back office, and are looking to identify opportunities for enhancing its build through both technology and architecture as well as reviewing workflows across the set up.
Managing a small team, you’ll be responsible for supporting both our UK and international entities driving process improvements and change control across D365 functionality including the system configuration. This ongoing system management and development is critical for the business as we continue to grow at pace particularly in light of our recent IPO. We have stretch ambitions for 2019 and our #1 business priority is to deliver the next stage of our development in the UK, Continental Europe and beyond.
Other key responsibilities include:
· Maintaining our D365 system supporting its continuing build and integration, and partnering with Finance to understand the challenges they face and solving them
· Working closely with the database and infrastructure teams as well as the data management function to ensure the data loading/exporting and the stability of the system
· Evangelising D365 within Finance and the wider business. Develop a network of super users and trouble shooters to support users, create formal training for staff, and act as the first point of call for any finance systems related queries
· Managing the relationship with our Gold Partner, ensuring delivery of system upgrades, good knowledge of the evergreen Microsoft approach and able to provide constructive feedback
· Building reports with Financial Reporter and Power BI running rolling period/year-end closes & FX maintenance
· Responsibility for all other finance systems including the maintenance of CODA and CEGID for record access, Concur, V1 invoice scanning, Dovico and various banking software
· Facilitating and testing any new Microsoft updates to ensure that the business is not adversely impacted
· Present quarterly updates to senior finance team members on systems strategy and updates
Most importantly, you’ll be working within a fast moving, growth environment so your ability to work at pace with real energy is critical. You’ll bring demonstrable experience stepping back and seeing the bigger picture for and wider impact to our systems setup. Combined with your proactive approach, you’ll be passionate about leading the charge to take D365 in particular to the next level.
You should be able to demonstrate a robust knowledge of key financial procedures and experience of analysing financial data, and it would be useful although not essential if you hold a professional accounting qualification. In addition, you will need to have an ability to digest technical terminology and communicate to a non-technical audience. With a real appetite and curiosity for detail, you’ll bring a proactive approach to ‘go find’, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and developing enhanced internal controls. Moreover, as a competent administrator, you’ll have a strength in organization and a keen eye for detail.
We’re looking for an experienced individual of MS D365 to achieve our ambitious plans, but may consider someone with considerable experience with MS AX2012. If you’ve only dealt with systems outside of these two packages, this won’t be enough for this role.
Good communication skills are vital in this role so we’re expecting you to bring strong business partnering experience with staff from both a Finance and cross-functional background and an approach that garners trust. Your ability to constructively challenging around how and why things are done will be critical for your success.
- You will be required to travel to Edinburgh and Paris on occasions in this role
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday +2 extra days at Christmas
- Free private medical and dental insurance for you and your family (you just pay the tax on what you choose!)
- Life assurance & income protection
- Good pension scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Charity leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Free breakfast everyday and fruit galore!
- Yoga Mondays
- Salsa classes
- Board Game nights
....and many more
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.
We are a one-stop shop for train travel. Every day, we bring together routes, fares and journey times from train companies in 24 countries so our customers can easily buy train tickets and save time, hassle or money.
We help our customers stay one step ahead so they don’t have to, from helping them buy the best ticket for their journey to giving them live, personalised travel information on the go via our app.