SEO Campaign Manager
We make train travel easy
Trainline is an innovating web based travel business focused on helping its customers make smarter journeys every day, saving them money and hassle. Our website is the one of the largest e-commerce sites and 3rd most downloaded travel app in the UK.
Being highly visible in search engines is critical to the success of Trainline. As such, you will join the expanding SEO team to drive the performance and growth of Trainline in international markets working alongside your colleagues in PR/Social, PPC, Affiliate and CRM. The role is a hybrid project management, technical SEO, content and inbound marketing role aiming to increase the visibility of Trainline in major search engines.
The role requires applicants with a passion for digital marketing, content and creative thinking who can generate ideas for increasing the web presence of the UK’s largest train ticketing business.
You will work with the Head of SEO to bring to market SEO initiatives at scale, on time and within budget with responsibilities that include;
· Implement plans and campaigns to meet our business objectives and KPIs to maximise ROI.
· Work with the wider marketing team including ATL to deliver International campaigns with SEO at the heart of the activation.
· Periodically benchmark Trainline against competitors' websites to suggest and define a web site improvement plan.
· Proactively lead innovative digital content solutions and build fantastic working relationships with colleagues in other disciplines within the business, including paid channels, to ensure an integrated approach content campaigns.
· Manage multiple projects with stakeholders across the Trainline business, including product development, legal, finance, IT and developers.
· Engage with third parties to determine content opportunities and customer needs.
· Managing content publication through the websites CMS as required.
· Support the Head of SEO to plan and develop site content, outbound campaigns, content direction, style and appearance alongside the technical SEO and SEO content managers.
· Evaluate the customer experience throughout channels and touch points.
· Comfortable to work across teams and disciplines within SEO such as analytics, technical, content and ASO as and when required.
Regional Campaign Management
· Carry out local market research as required to inform content/campaign strategy.
· Provide support and direction to the SEO team to aid in optimization of Trainline landing pages.
· Work cross department with PR, social and CRM teams to develop and maintain the regional content strategy in line with overarching business goals.
· Forge long lasting partnerships with influential customers, bloggers and web publishers to improve the visibility of Trainline.
· Think of creative ways to encourage shares and links to Trainline content, assets and web pages.
· Keep abreast of relevant Social Media opportunities for Trainline, which may generate inbound linking or partnership opportunities.
What you'll bring to the team
- Proven experience in an SEO campaign management role, preferably within a similar fast paced tech business
- Prince2 or similar project management training/experience is desired
- Experience with SEO tools such as Searchmetrics, Screaming Frog, SEMrush or similar
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to manage complex and varied workload
- Ability to write in another European language (FR, ES, IT or DE desired, but not essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong copywriter and content savvy with a natural love of all things digital
- Ability to manage target expectations and report on KPI’s
- Positive attitude, flexible, can work collaboratively
- Enjoys and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative, likes to bring ideas to the table
- High attention to detail
- Results-oriented and strong sense of ownership of projects