Our Mission 🚀
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We offer our customers the best price for their journey and smart, real-time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.
Introducing the Platform Delivery organisation 👋
The Platform Delivery team cover all areas of infrastructure, reliability, platform and operations engineering across public cloud and data centres; Linux builds, deployment & management, CDN configuration, load balancing, PKI and a variety of other technologies that combine to provide the Platform for all other teams to use.
Our Workplace IT team (aka’ The Jedi Team’!) are central to keeping the business operating and aim to provide a first-class service to all internal customers. Spread across Trainline’s three offices in London, Paris and Edinburgh, the team work together to ensure customer requests are dealt with as soon as possible via the ticketing system, support meet-ups and presentations, and implement new technologies to make cross-country collaboration possible. The Jedi team form an important part of the Technology department, which is renowned for its creative solutions using innovative, collaborative working practices.
As an engineer in Workplace IT, you’ll provide outstanding support to users both locally in our Barcelona office and remotely across our other offices in London, Paris, Milan & Edinburgh prioritising in accordance with Workplace IT SLA’s. You’ll be confident in managing ticket queues through Jira, and pre-empting users’ needs by proactively anticipating upcoming office events such as presentations, training and meetings. Similarly, you’ll be called upon to support senior members of the leadership team from time to time and will be expected to always maintain the highest levels of assistance and communication. You’ll also be required to be flexible with working hours and participate on our on-call rota.
Who should apply for this role?
Please apply for this role if you have if you have 5 years+ experience relevant support experience, working in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who has experience working within a regulated environment with exposure to PCI and ISO 27001. A forward thinker that can blaze new trails using modern cloud technologies. Whilst your focus remains providing a first-class experience to our customers – you will be also expected to delivery against an ambitious roadmap.
We’re proud of the talent of our exceptional Jedis, and the hands-on, positive culture underpinning the work the team provides across the entirety of our business. To this end, it’s crucial that you bring a proficiency in multiple desktop, hardware and software technologies, but we’ll support you as you continue to learn, develop and grow professionally within the Workplace IT function. We have a strong track record inprogressing members of the Jedi team into the Platform, Network, and Infrastructure Engineering teams, and you will work closely with them day-to-day building a close working partnership.
You’ll need to have robust experience within an IT Support team and be confident in operating in an infrastructure that includes email, file & print, security and intranet services using Microsoft365, Defender ATP, SharePoint, McAfee, SCCM, JAMF, Zoom, Virtualisation and internal Cloud based technologies, Atlassian’s Confluence and Jira. However, beyond the tactical day-to-day support you provide, there’s a multitude of fascinating projects for you to get involved with centring largely around prioritising cloud-first initiatives.
We’re looking for creative big thinkers with small egos to achieve our ambition plans. Most importantly, you’ll bring outstanding experience in face-to-face technical support and remote troubleshooting and have worked in a fast-paced environment whether in the Digital/e-Commerce space or from wider industry. Your strong interpersonal skills are critical, and you’ll take pride in the energy and passion you bring to your role day-to-day in providing the best service to all levels of internal customers.
It goes without saying that you’ll have excellent prioritisation skills and be used to working in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking, and delivering resolutions in a timely and accurate manner. You’ll be happy working autonomously filling time when you’re less busy with tackling larger, strategic projects. At the same time, you’ll be comfortable working as part of the wider remote team and stepping in to support at short notice as and when your expertise is required.
We’d love you to bring a passion for emerging technologies and will help you foster this further over time. Experience in managing Mac OS and Windows OS as well as device management systems likeJAMF and Intune are essential as are administration of MS servers and PowerShell skills. You’ll also need to have some experience in supporting AV sound and vision for meetings and events.
More broadly, hands-on experience of the following technologies would form the core of our requirement although we would support the successful candidate in upskilling where there were gaps:
· Hands on experience with root cause analysis of technical issues, Windows, MacOS & Apple iPhone.
· Expert level experience supporting SaaS application including, Microsoft 365, Slack and Atlassian’s products etc..
· Expert level experience with both Active Directory & Azure Active Directory
· Good understanding of PCI-DSS, ISO 20071 & IT Governance.
· Strong experience using MECM (aka SCCM), specifically software deployments and patching.
· Exposure to scripting – automating manual processes such as onboarding & offboarding of employees.
· In-depth experience with security tools and best practices.
· Experience creating runbooks and documentation for both customers and peers.
· Basic knowledge of networks, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, including LAN, WAN and wireless network setup
Nice to have:
- Experience with Zoom, Teams, Hangouts etc... (we use Zoom!)
- Experience with modern cloud compute such as Windows Autopilot.
- Experience supporting integrations between platforms, SSO/SAML, etc…
Our Culture 🤗
Everything begins with great people, as well as aptitude, we put a heavy emphasis on attitude.
Coaches Over Heroes
- We prioritise the focus on being one team over elevating the heroics of an individual, for us the true heroes are those individuals who are excellent at nurturing, coaching and generous in sharing their knowledge with others.
- Everything that we do takes into account the morale of every member of our team, their opportunities for growth and for participation in exciting challenges.
Mentoring and Learning
- We have a mentoring community that is constantly growing, we provide people with mentors or buddies from various teams.
- We hire awesome people capable of making smart decisions - empowerment is a great enabler of agility.
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.