Do you want to make a real impact on the development of our employees? We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager to join TravelBird.
Become part of our team
At TravelBird we believe that every day presents an opportunity to contribute to our continuous pursuit of delighting our travellers with enticing holiday offers and shaping the future of travel. We constantly search for and seize opportunities by taking initiative and looking outward for innovative ways to improve. In our dynamic yet focussed organisation, we challenge our people to learn and develop every day. Having an open and transparent atmosphere, collaboration is key. Here, we learn from each other and value trust over hierarchy. Our success is based on diverse teams of inspirational people who are not afraid of challenges. We hire these talented pioneers from all over and value the international environment this creates. It’s not just a job, it’s an experience you will love to wake up to every day.
About the team and your challenge
Allowing over 7 million travellers to explore the world means that we need the best people in the right roles to make this happen. Our HR team is responsible for attracting, developing and retaining our talents within TravelBird. An important part is the development of our employees. We want to raise the bar and therefore hire an expert in Learning & Development to ensure we have the most effective and scalable learning & development programs in place. We strongly believe that our employees should own their own learning and development within TravelBird but we (as HR) should make it possible for our talents to facilitate this in the best way possible. As L&D Manager it is your challenge to own and facilitate all development initiatives.
This Learning and Development position will serve as a key member of the HR team. In this role you will further design, develop and execute our learning and development vision and create a strategic plan (short, mid and long-term) in line with our TravelBird / HR Strategy towards developing a sustainable learning platform which is innovative and future-focused, using new methods within blended training formats. This role acts as an integral facilitator of business growth; ensuring the constant development of new and existing employees from entry level through to management.
- Develop, implement and execute the learning and development strategy, in line with the HR and business strategy;
- Design and execute the Learning & Development roadmap (1 - 5 years);
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Leaders to identify learning needs, build and drive a comprehensive learning strategy;
- Design and roll-out in-house & external learning development programs (blended approach) based on the business needs, think of:
- Needs analyses, define what learning methods will have most impact and what is needed
- Design (together with external vendors) learning content in the classroom and in virtual and online settings
- Set up and manage programs with external vendors (e-learning apps) / trainers
- Develop (and if skilled in giving leadership training) deliver creative training content for leadership training
- Set up expert-led sessions program (experts of TravelBird internally)
- Define process for the right follow up after training/development programs
- Further, optimise or come up with low costs learning initiatives like our own SpeakerBird concept, an initiative to share inspiring stories of external speakers with all employees
- Set up and measure KPIs for our learning programs
- Set up and roll out a new TravelBird Top Talent Program
- Set up and roll out a new Mentorship Program
- Provide regular data reporting, sharing insights on the impact of L&D interventions
- Manage the implementation and facilitation of L&D activities and events, budget spending, material production and distribution, and other resources to ensure that operations are managed within authorized budgets
- Manage all the communication internally about our vision, strategy and programs, to make sure employees are fully aware of our learning programs (also the practical side: sign up for training, how employees can find information etc.)
- Contribute to the further growth of TravelBird.
Who you are
- Smart, quick-witted and adaptable;
- You have minimum of 3 to maximum of 5 years experience within an L&D role (this is a mid-level role), preferably a background a in HR / L&D / Training;
- You have 3+ years experience in coaching;
- Bonus: 3+ years experience in people development (leading teams);
- You have design and training program development experience;
- You have training program facilitation experience;
- You are an early adopter or new technologies and concepts (within L&D);
- You have experience with setting up the most effective cloud/e-learning systems (LMS);
- You are commercially minded, highly motivated and result and performance oriented;
- You have positive & energetic communication skills;
- You are structured, organised and able to prioritise and manage time effectively;
- You are decisive and capable of adapting to a dynamic working environment;
- You are a native level English speaker and you live in (or around) beautiful Amsterdam or are willing to move.
- Employee discount on TravelBird offers;
- A MacBook Pro (lease-lend);
- A job that is one big adventure with new challenges every day;
- You will work with the most inspiring colleagues within the industry;
- Freedom and responsibility are at the core of our company culture;
- Free sports lessons: Yoga and ‘Birdie’ Bootcamp in the famous Vondelpark;
- Vibrant and international office with a view on the historic canals of Amsterdam;
- Healthy lunch, daily fresh smoothies and our very own barista for delicious coffee;
- Free weekly Dutch lessons;
- Inspiring SpeakerBird sessions;
- Regular company parties; and
- Friday social company drinks.
Up for it?
Do you recognise yourself in the challenge presented above? Click on apply and hand in your CV and cover letter.
About us TravelBird, one of Amsterdam's hottest scale-ups shaping the future of travel, offers you a unique and challenging opportunity to join an international, dynamic and entrepreneurial team of over 450 self-starters. Learn more hereunder. By setting up TravelBird in 2010 founders Dennis Klompalberts and Symen Jansma aimed to put down a culture and environment where they would have liked to work themselves. At TravelBird, we take pride in our work. Every day represents an opportunity to contribute to our continuous pursuit of delighting our customers with enticing travel offers and disrupting the travel industry. We constantly search for and seize opportunities by taking initiative and looking outward for innovative ways to improve. Based on trust and freedom we empower our people to contribute in ways that come most natural to them. Above all we value personal growth and development. We maintain an open and transparent atmosphere, where collaboration is key, from engineering and design to marketing and sales. The success of TravelBird is based on teams of entrepreneurial, inspirational and driven people who are not afraid of challenges and a fast-paced environment. We hire these talented pioneers from all over the world and value the international environment this creates. Today TravelBird operates out of our vibrant office on the canals in the heart of Amsterdam, where over 450 self-starters make a huge impact in one of e-commerce's fastest growing categories.
Want to learn more about TravelBird? Visit TravelBird's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Instructor
Head of Facilities & Operations, Denver
Executive Assistant to the CEO
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Workfront, Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Field)
Clover Health, Hudson County, NJ