Strategic Account Manager - Germany
TravelPerk, Berlin - Germany
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We’re looking for a dependable, ethical, people-focused, hands-on, and customer-centric professional who is experienced in retaining and developing strategic accounts. Someone who is tired of companies providing poor customer experience and is committed to delivering a service level that exceeds our client's expectations, motivating and compelling them to retain and expand their accounts with us.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As a Strategic Account Manager - Germany, you will be responsible for the retention and the satisfaction of the key customers of the company. You will increase the revenue of the company by ensuring sustained growth and low churn, working hand-in-hand with colleagues from Sales and Customer Support.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to navigate your accounts in a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment, and be ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard.
What you will do:
- Manage our key accounts portfolio within Germany.
- Achieve assigned strategic accounts objectives.
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships.
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner ensuring high overall customer satisfaction (measured using NPS).
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams.
- Will manage a portfolio of 10-20 Customers.
- Actively support and advocate a customer-centric approach.
What you need to have:
- Being a native German speaker is a must.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and in speaking. Spanish is not required, but any additional EU language will be a major plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- 3-5 years of proven successful experience as a Strategic account manager or Key account manager within a fast-growing, continuously changing company, ideally within the e-travel or SaaS sectors (preferably phone-based).
- You have been an overachiever in previous jobs and you can prove that.
- Solid B2B experience.
- An ability to address customer requests in a timely manner as required.
- Revenue Driven but care about customer happiness
- Demonstrable experience going above and beyond to exceed customers’ expectations (what we call a 7-star customer experience).
- Experience converting customers to loyal brand ambassadors.
- Hands on experience with CRM software and Account management systems.
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Availability to travel as needed (at least 1 week per month).
- A truly data-driven DNA and a strong process orientation.
- A true aim to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach/get coached.
- Flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it.
- Smart, organized, fast learning, and resourceful mindset. You are tech savvy.
- Independence: don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Strong character, perseverance and grit. You are truly resilient and positive.
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to ambitious goals and tight deadlines.
- You feel comfortable working outside of the comfort zone, and you are ready to go the extra mile and inspire others to do so when needed.
- Continuous improvement is in your blood. The bar is high but you always aim to set it higher. You keep abreast with news and updates to keep yourself informed, and you hold the company to the highest standards
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- A career opportunity to boost your career to the next level.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to expand your knowledge.
- Amazing company culture.
-This position requires you to be based in Berlin. We can help with relocation if you are not based there.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vice President, Sales - High Growth Accounts
Icertis, US West Coast or US Mid West
Lead Brand Partner
Linqia, East Coast— preference for New York
Business Developer - Bourgogne / Franche-Comté (Besançon)
Senior Account Executive
Trustpilot, New York, NY
Sales Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Recorded Future, Boston, MA
Media Sales Manager - Korea