Sales Development Representative - Germany
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
We’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you an ambitious, driven and energetic person looking to start a career in sales? Do you want to work for a game changer in the travel industry? If so, we need to talk!
We are currently building a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDR's) to help us to achieve our ambitious goals within the DACH region. The ideal SDR is an excellent English speaker and a Native German speaker who is a focused professional. You will partner with the marketing team to feed our sales funnel to qualify and engage prospective customers for TravelPerk.
This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, being part of a young but seasoned A-players sales team, in a position with huge professional development possibilities. You will learn from the best people, working within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel.
What you’ll do:
- Run outreach campaigns and do market research using a combination of phone, email, and social touches, in order to find suitable leads for our business
- Qualifying the leads during a phone call (making sure that they meet all the requirements we are looking for in clients), engaging them and scheduling them for further consultations on the account director’s calendar
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce
- Acquire an expert knowledge of TravelPerk
- Work closely with the marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process
- Conduct high-level discussions with Office Manager, CFO or Travel Manager to explain the Travel Perk Value Proposition
What you need to have:
- Native German is a must as well as fluent English (C2 level)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both spoken and written
- Some experience with sales (preferably B2B solutions)
- Goal oriented person with strong character and perseverance
- Hungry and ambitious, yet ethical and sound
- Strong character and perseverance
- Able to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team
- Customer-centric mindset
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in a startup selling SaaS products
- Proven track of success (overachievement) within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the travel industry
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Free Spanish classes
- Yoga and meditation
- This position requires being based in Berlin
- English is the official language at the office (please ensure your CV is in English).
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.