Principal Software Engineer
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
Are you a software engineer with extensive programming and technical mentorship experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
TravelPerk is building a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel. Discover our stack here.
As Principal Software Engineer you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product, being a subject matter expert for many of the technologies we use.
As Principal Software Engineer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing in a very hands-on approach.
- Product development in Python, Django, and React of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work in Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products, ideally for more than 10 years.
- Expert level both at server-side and at client-side development.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to benchmark, analyze and implement new technologies.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite or similar.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The Principal Software Engineer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Developer In Test, SDET - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer / Backend
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Medallia, Tel Aviv, Israel
Software Engineer (Back-end)
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Lead Data Engineer
Software Developer In Test - SDET, Unity - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL