The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded SaaS startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over US$ 8.5m from Spark Capital, Sunstone, LocalGlobe and other leading investors. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over US$ 1.5 trillion is spent each year. We have been awarded the Scale Award by The Next Web in 2017 and picked as one of the hottest startups to watch in 2017 and beyond by both Forbes and Wired.
Are you ready to take off with us? Keep reading!
We’re looking for a proactive, pragmatic, and data-driven Product Owner who is experienced in building and developing best-in-class SaaS products. A person with an engineering background who has demonstrated successes in bringing amazing products to markets with highly-demanding customers.
Someone who deeply understand the customers and excels at creating clear and ambitious product objectives that directly impacts the team’s focus and satisfaction. The product owner will also know how to coordinate and communicate the decision-making process with all stakeholders, including the developers, to ensure that tasks are delivered with outstanding quality and on time.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As Product Owner, you will be an instrumental contributor to our product strategy, directly impacting the success of one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe. You will have the freedom to showcase your excellent leadership and team-building abilities, as well as exceptional communication, relationship-fostering, and problem-solving skills.
You will take full ownership of the product, including the prioritization of new features, and enhancements to existing features. You will be the voice of the customer and the driving force behind product innovation and roadmap execution.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to build an amazing SaaS product that companies will fall in love with, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What will you do:
- You will be the ultimate decision-maker for our product.
- You will take data-based decisions to align the product roadmap with our corporate strategy.
- Set product requirements by deeply understanding our customers’ needs, speaking directly to our end-users and listening to customer feedback through sales and account managers. You will be the strongest advocate for our users.
- Define and articulate the TravelPerk user experience (UX), taking technical constraints into account.
- Formulate clear and understandable product objectives for each sprint.
- Create clear and comprehensive user stories (independently created, from a user perspective, with clear acceptance criteria).
- Make sure the backlog is prepared for every sprint.
- Coordinate and communicate decision-making processes with all stakeholders, including the developers, with a clear vision of the short-term future, and what matters most and needs to be done.
- Define the lean approach and the intermediate MVP steps to achieve the best results.
- Coordinate product/feature releases with the marketing, sales and customer support teams, and ensure new feature are communicated to customers.
- Challenge the roadmap to ensure that everything planned creates value for the business and for our customers, based on solid research and evidence.
- Represent the company at product events.
What you need to have:
- A proven track record of 5+ years at an Internet-based company.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Maths, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in Agile environment.
- Deep experience using the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence,...) or similar tools.
- Excellent English.
Extra points for:
- Experience in A/B testing at scale.
- Experience in Travel.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, refuse to play political games, and care more about the team’s success than your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You never allow yourself to be distracted. You focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that float around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase your net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona.
-We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.