Senior Back-end Developer
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
Are you a Back-end Developer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
TravelPerk is building a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel. Discover our stack here.
As a senior back-end developer, you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement the back-end of our product.
As Senior Back-end Developer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation and testing.
- Product development in Python and Django of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work within an Agile environment with strong attention to detail.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products.
- Expert level at server-side development.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Git version control.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite and/or Heroku.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The back-end developer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Information Security Analyst
Datto, Norwalk, CT, Boston, MA, Rochester, NY, Albany, NY
Salesforce Service Cloud Administrator
Localization Algorithm Engineer - ADAS
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Sr. Engineer (Social Media Apps) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior DevOps Engineer
Versus Systems, Los Angeles, CA
Open Application - Chief Architect
Nortal, Finland, Helsinki