Head of Customer Support
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over US$ 8.5m from Spark Capital, Sunstone, LocalGlobe and other leading investors. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over US$ 1.5 trillion is spent each year. We have been awarded the Scale Award by The Next Web in 2017, and picked as one of the hottest startups to watch in 2017 and beyond by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We’re looking for a hungry, dependable, ethical, hands-on, and customer-centric professional who is experienced in building and developing high-performing teams. A person with a proven track record in B2B/SaaS companies (ideally in the e-travel sector), and demonstrated successes in setting up efficient processes that scale.
Someone who is tired of companies providing poor customer experience and is committed to delivering a service level that exceeds our client's expectations, motivating and compelling them to retain and expand their accounts with us.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As Head of Customer Support, you will be an instrumental contributor to our growth strategy, directly impacting the structure and success of one of the hottest startups in Europe. You will have the freedom to showcase your excellent team-building and management abilities, as well as exceptional communication, relationship and problem-solving skills.
You will own the customer success process end-to-end, forming the glue between the Sales team and our Clients, ensuring smooth transitions, effective account management, outstanding customer support under every circumstance, and upholding our company’s 7 Star satisfaction promise.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to build a great customer success program from the ground up and scale it, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What you will do:
- Hire, onboard, train and motivate a team of great professionals.
- Ensure effective coaching, mentoring and further development of your team.
- Measure the overall customer satisfaction level using NPS and establish improvement plans as required.
- Accurately measure customer support satisfaction with the Customer Support team.
- Own the churn number statistic and execute the tactics to reduce it, with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Build extremely efficient processes aimed at delivering an amazing customer experience to maximize revenue.
- Actively support and advocate a customer-centric approach.
- Manage strategic accounts, organizing periodic client meetings, and act as their main point of contact if required.
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches.
- Monitor and report on performance analytics.
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase revenue and improve customer experience.
What you need to have:
- Proven successful experience building a top-class Customer Support / Success team, growing it from 10+ to 50 people or more.
- An amazing track record leading and developing a successful CS team in a growth-oriented environment at a global scale.
- Demonstrable experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service that delights customers (what we call a 7-star customer experience).
- A truly data-driven DNA and a strong process orientation, possessing experience in building and rolling out efficient processes and programs, and in task automation.
- Experience retaining customers to become loyal brand ambassadors, as well as maximizing their lifetime-value.
- Strong expertise in Travel technologies, especially Amadeus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Spanish is not required, but any additional EU language will be a plus.
- Deep experience using and squeezing Zendesk or any similar ticketing tool.
- Availability for punctual traveling anywhere within the covered geography.
- A true aim to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach/get coached.
- Willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it.
- Smart, organized, fast learning, and resourceful mindset. You are tech savvy.
- Ability to create long-lasting connections very easily.
- Independence: don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit. You are truly resilient and positive.
- A genuine sense of ownership: you feel comfortable working outside of the comfort zone, and you are ready to go the extra mile and inspire others to do so when needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
-English is the official language at the office.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Academic Support Coordinator (entry-level)
Bluebeam, Inc., Chicago
Account Manager (Youth Sports)
Blue Star Sports, Frisco, TX - The Star
Floor Leader - Dadeland Mall
Lush Cosmetics, Miami, Florida, United States
Sales Ambassador - Square One
Lush Cosmetics, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Customer Experience Associate
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Customer Success Guru カスタマー・サクセス・グル
Shopify, Tokyo, Japan