Account Director - UK
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
Account Director - UK Market - Barcelona Based
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $75m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved. In doing so, we’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#5 in the world) by SaaS1000 and have been featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you a hungry, yet sound and ethical sales professional used to hunting? Do you have a proven track record of success in acquiring new accounts and constantly overachieving your sales targets? Are you tired of companies selling boring products? Are you ready to go the extra mile to help us scale by selling a disruptive platform that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel? If so, we need to talk!
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on sales professional with experience selling B2B Software Products and Services within the Northern-European region, ideally targeting SMEs, to help us scale by acquiring new clients, and also retaining and expanding existing accounts.
As an Account Director for the UK Market, you will be an instrumental contributor to our go-to-market strategy, being able to have a direct impact on the growth of one of the hottest startups in Europe. You will showcase excellent communication, relationship, and negotiation skills. You should also act proactively to address clients’ needs and facilitate the sale process end-to-end, acting as the glue between our Account Management team and the Clients as required, ensuring smooth transitions and effective account management under any circumstances, maintaining our existing company-client relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
You will need to:
- Generate new local clients for our outstanding web based technology as a specialist in Business travel for flights, Hotels, Cars and Trains
- Present demos to potential clients and do the follow-up until closing the deal. To some extent you will also be responsible for account management but the main focus will be business development (hunting)
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides. Follow the full sales cycle
- Master the sales forecast as well as the tactical planning
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches
- Help define and establish best practices together with the marketing team
- Monitor and report on sales performance analytics
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase sales and improve customer experience
What we'd like:
- Experience in direct SaaS sales or a technology solution to SMEs
- Fluency in English - essential
- Previous experience prospecting and qualifying leads
- Strong experience in hunting new business
- Proven track record of success: in previous jobs, you always overachieved sales goals
- Good communicator: excellent presentation and communication skills
- Deep experience using Salesforce or any similar CRM
- Availability for extensive traveling throughout the covered geography
- Data vs Opinion driven
- Smart, fast learner, and resourceful. Tech savvy
- Extrovert, enjoy social interactions face to face and can create long lasting connections very easily
- Good prioritization and focus skills, 80/20
- Independent. You don't need hand holding to get things done
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit
- A true owner, you feel comfortable working outside of the comfort zone if needed
- Flexible character as demonstrated by varied experience
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Free Spanish classes
- Yoga and meditation
-This position requires being based in Barcelona
-English is the official language at the office
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Commercial Account Executive, Australia
Senior Account Executive - Northern California (Storage)
EnerNOC, Sacramento, CA
Senior Business Analyst, Insights & Analytics
App Annie, San Francisco, CA, United States
Outbound Sales Development Representative
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Technical Account Manager
The Trade Desk, Hamburg, Germany
Field Mid-Market Account Executive
Box, Austin, TX