Hotel Relations Specialist
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $75m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for *everyone involved*. In doing so, we’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#5 in the world) by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a dynamic, organised and hardworking professional to join us as a Hotel Relations Manager in our Barcelona HQ.
You will be responsible for managing and expanding Travelperk’s hotel program and working with partners to maximize the production potential revenue from their participation. The role is integrated into the operations department and reporting to the Director of Hotel Suppliers relation.
If you are looking to learn from highly talented people in a fast paced and rewarding environment, this role may just be a fit!
What you'll be doing:
- Initiate contact and acquire new hotel partners (independent hotels and small chains) to build and expand the Travelperk Hotel program in order to maximize hotel margin for the assigned portfolio and increase hotel attachment rate
- Negotiate and close competitive commercial agreement with key partners for the Travelperk Hotel program.
- Ensure the growth of the transactions and margin via direct partnership by contracting relevant partners and ensure their content, rates and availability are attractive and competitive
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering market data insights, revenue management advice
- Monitor and report on portfolio performance
- Collaborate with all relevant departments (product, marketing, data, sales & account management, customer care) to align strategies and optimize results
What you'll need:
- Strong familiarity with hotel chains, brands, and markets
- In-depth knowledge of travel online distribution and its evolving landscape
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel revenue management principles
- Comprehension of hotel connectivity (GDS, Channel Manager)
- Successful track-record of 2+ years in managing new and existing partnerships in the B2B travel industry
- Relationship management: you can build and sustain solid partnerships based on mutual support
- Strong communication skills: ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Strong sales and negotiation skills: negotiate the best possible partner agreement, backed up with data to meet the needs of the preferred partners, and in a collaborative manner
- Drive for results: appetite for business impact/execution, strong eye on maximizing margin opportunity and achieving critical strategic objectives
- Experience working with Hotel Chains would be a plus
- Data-driven decision making: ability to use analytics to build portfolio strategy and action plans. Always back up suggestions with data.
- Self-starter: proactive, take initiative and ownership and always look for improvement
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Free Spanish classes
- Yoga and meditation
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world
-English is the official language at the office
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, Alexandria Warehouse
CDL Class A Truck Driver, $24.50/hr, Favorable Weekday Schedule
Imperfect Produce, Minneapolis
Senior Quality Engineer, Healthcare New Product Development
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Refinery29, New York