Junior Information Security Specialist
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved. In doing so, we’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#5 in the world) by SaaS1000 and have been featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
We are looking for a Junior Information Security Specialist that will help contribute to TravelPerk’s information security and data protection efforts. Protecting our business and our client data is extremely important to us and we are looking to expand our security team.
Your role will involve a broad range of information security skills to help our growing security team deliver security controls across the business. You’ll also support client enquiries relating to information security and data protection. You will get the chance to build on your knowledge and experience by protecting one of the fastest growing SaaS start-ups in Europe by joining us at our HQ in Barcelona. In this role, you should have strong communication skills and a passion for information security.
If you have a broad range of security knowledge, a team player and looking to build your information security career, we’d like to meet you.
- Help to analyse and assess potential security risks to the company
- Assist in incident management activities, investigations and follow-up activities
- Maintain security documentation that includes policies, procedures and trackers
- Help the security team to build TravelPerk’s Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Schedule and help deliver awareness training across the company
- Lead our security awareness scheme that includes training, posters, and internal newsletter articles with the possibility of creating new exciting approaches to raise awareness
- Respond to client enquiries relating to information security and data protection measures
- Any other security-related duties as required
Competencies and Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience and/or university degree in information security or a related area
- Has a “can-do” attitude and is a true team player
- A demonstrable passion for information security and a desire to develop skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills in English – written and spoken, including the ability to present awareness training to other employees
- Best practices for security
- Common security controls
- Understanding of areas such as security management, risk management, GDPR and ISO 27001 (or similar frameworks like Cyber Essentials, IASME or CIS Top 20)
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
This position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.