IT Support Specialist
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $75m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner, among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved. In doing so, we’ve been named the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#5 in the world) by SaaS1000 and have been featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
We are looking for an IT Support Specialist who can help planning, configuring and managing Travelperk offices technical infrastructure and personnel, consisting of office network, connectivity and devices. In this role you will work together with office management to ensure that all technological infrastructure needs required by Travelperk employees on daily basis are fulfilled. This includes the infrastructure that supports our internal IT, the systems that run on it, all aspects of office management and internal communications and the required team to offer full helpdesk support.
- To ensure the support and maintenance of both Mac OSX infrastructure and Windows infrastructure.
- To ensure that tools and systems are securely configured.
- To resolve incidents and problems both directly from users and through technical escalation.
- To use existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to identify resolutions to user issues.
- To apply fixes and solutions where appropriate either via discussing directly with users, via IM, via remote control or onsite.
- System Administration of the infrastructure servers.
- Manage the network and communication infrastructure.
Competencies and Requirements:
- At least 3 years of equivalent experience, ideally in a hyper-growth, fast-paced startup, and/or internet company, being used to both volume and quantity.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English, and ideally Spanish.
- Knowledge and proven experience relating to secure management of various operating systems and tools.
- IT related degree or vocational training equivalent.
- Proven experience managing a mixed Windows and OSX infrastructure; Windows server and active directory management.
- Proven experience in managing the network and communication infrastructure required by a customer support team.
- Self-organized, proactive and strong attention to detail.
- Strong focus on automation, lean processes and tools.
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to tight, challenging deadlines.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
- A “can-do” attitude with a hands-on approach.
- A true team player who care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to constructive and direct criticism.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
This position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.