Senior Product Designer
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
The Product Design team
The TravelPerk Product Design team is looking for its next top hire at various levels of seniority. If you consider yourself an autonomous Senior Product Designer who has worked on SaaS products for at least six years, and keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do, read on…
In TravelPerk, we work in “squads” which are small, autonomous teams made up of full-stack engineers, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be expected to own design within your squad while contributing to the wider design team and product functions within TravelPerk.
But that’s not all…We are looking for someone who will break squad boundaries. This means that you should also be comfortable taking ownership of and driving forward a complementary specialism(s) as well as having a wider impact across teams.
What will my day look like?
Within your squad, we require that you are confident in the following:
- A solid grasp of User Experience and Visual Design fundamentals
- Developing a partnership with your Product Manager to fully understand customer needs and business value, challenging each other to raise the bar for your product area.
- Working with our in-house researcher to co-ordinate and run usability tests, discovery sessions, contextual analyses plus any other relevant research required to better understand the problems that our customers are faced with, identifying ways to uncover opportunities.
- Working with our data team to interrogate various data sources to uncover relevant quantitative insights.
- Ideating quickly and effectively with your squad, favoring communication and collaboration over ping-ponging via tools.
- Understanding technical constraints and opportunities through a fundamental understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, APIs) allowing you to communicate ideas effectively with engineers and fellow designers.
- Working with our in-house copywriter to ensure that the product follows the style guide and is effectively localized.
- Working with, and contributing to the Product Design System.
- Continuously optimizing the design process in your squad and across the wider team.
- Testing and optimizing low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and customers to iteratively validate that we are solving the right problems.
- Driving a mobile-first mindset in your squad and beyond.
- Mentoring and supporting fellow designers, bringing your unique skill-set and continually raising the bar of the team and our products.
- Influencing and supporting the growth of the team through hiring, networking, and sourcing future team members.
- Working in English to a professional level, both writing and speaking
What skills are required?
- 6+ years working for a SaaS product
- Experience mentoring or leading other designers
- Experience working with Sketch or Figma
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written). You are comfortable presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders and articulately defending design decisions.
- Ability to influence product roadmaps working alongside Product Managers and Engineers
- Advocating for and rolling out Design Systems
- Regular interaction with customers and prospects to understand the problem space
- A positive and proactive team player who can help to elevate us
How can I contribute to the team and grow personally?
In addition to your squad responsibilities, there are some complementary areas that we would encourage you to bring or own. Here's just a few examples:
- Driving accessibility standards across all of our products
- Defining how animation should be used and implementing a process
- Contributing to and maintaining high standards of our front-end components
- Copy-writing and localization
- Improving design processes and operations
- Drive influence across the company through invaluable insights and research
- Using data to help drive more efficient decision processes (e.g. A/B testing)
- Coordinating networking events to help drive employee brand and recruitment
- Writing publicly as a way of attracting talent and positioning TravelPerk as a thought leader
- Collaborating across departments, communicating the value of design
- A Travel Industry thought leader, working ahead of the curve
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free Spanish classes.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
The Product Designer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like