Partner Manager - USA
TravelPerk, Chicago, Utah
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $134m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors in some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from the travel industry.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by the SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market, worth over $1.3 trillion, by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading, we have an exciting opportunity in our brand new Partner Team!
As a Partner Manager - US, your primary responsibility is to source and assess new partnerships for our partner marketplace. The Partner Manager will also be responsible for the management and growth of the strategic relationship within our marketplace. You will manage our partnerships, from development to launch and ongoing partner engagement. You will grow these partnerships, meeting key business metrics via various partner programs, marketing, new integrations and other strategies.
This is a critical role on the Partnerships team. The qualified candidate will have a good mix of skills that include an ability to understand a variety of partnerships and their value propositions, strong communication skills to build and deepen partner relationships, an ability to work effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams, and a desire to drive significant growth of our business. This role will report to our Head of Product Partnerships Kelly Jewison.
As a Partner Manager - US, you will:
- Manage the relationship with our partners to provide maximum value to TravelPerk
- Identify and implement new partnerships to improve business: conversion, revenue, and margins
- Business performance reporting and revenue analysis for key partners on an ongoing basis
- Conduct required research and collect needed data to complete to support new partners and understanding the potential impacts to TravelPerk
- Negotiate partner agreements, including contract renewals
- Provide support for new partner onboarding, including working with internal teams on training, communication and launching the partner
- Establish a cadence of meeting with partners that suits the relationship needs
- Be responsible for all aspects of partner growth: prioritization of business, strategic and financial assessment, structured training, and ongoing partner management
- Maintain direct relationships with partners, proactively resolving issues & creating value
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Legal, serving as an advocate for your partners while balancing TravelPerk’s goals and aligning on processes
- Operate with little oversight, being both an executor and strategic thinker
- Have a proven track record in your current role
- Have legal authorization to work in the US
- Be based in Chicago or remotely in Utah, Florida, Texas or Illinois
- Relationship management: can build and sustain solid partnerships based on mutual support
- Strong communication skills: ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Strong sales and negotiation skills: negotiate the best possible partner agreement
- Drive for results: appetite for business impact/execution, strong eye on maximizing opportunity and achieving critical objectives
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven decision making: the ability to use analytics to build partner’s strategy and action plans. Always back up suggestions with data
- Self-starter: proactive, take initiative and ownership and always look for improvement
- Organization and time management skills: structure, rigour, attention to details
Bonus points for…
- Experience in hyper growth startups
- Experience in the Travel Industry - Even better within Business Travel
- Consultancy experience
- Other language skills: Spanish, French...
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, never play political games, and care more about the team’s successes than your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You never let yourself get distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and will not get lost in the less important ideas that float around.
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Vacation days: 20
- Flexibility to work from home 3 days a week
- Health perks, these vary depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Once safe, a chance to visit our Barcelona HQ
- Until local governments and health professionals say it is safe to work from an office, TravelPerk will offer you 100% remote working from Illinois.
- Once it is safe, you will need to be based in or relocate to Chicago for this position.
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in Chicago twice per week on Mondays and Fridays.
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team and the rest of the company for an event.
- Team members that want to go to the office more than twice per week are welcome to!
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one