Senior Software Engineer
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $294m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
We’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. Because we’re innovators we have been focused on turning lemons into lemonade, during the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
Are you a Senior Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about our engineering team in this blog post by our VP of Engineering, Ivan Peralta.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As Senior Software Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Python/Django and/or React of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products in any web programming language. Successful candidates usually have 5 years of experience or more.
- An expert level at server-side, client-side or full stack development. Your final role within the team will depend on your skills and internal training will be provided.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite.
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country once or twice per week depending on your position
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome to!
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Help the world share their story