Senior Account Director - Germany
TravelPerk, Berlin - Germany
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are looking for an experienced, dependable, hands-on sales professional with experience selling B2B software products and services to large enterprises within Germany, to help us scale and disrupt business travel.
Are you a hungry, yet humble and ethical sales professional used to both hunting and watering the fields? Do you have a proven track record of success in acquiring new accounts and constantly overachieving your sales targets? Are you tired of companies selling boring products? Are you ready to go the extra mile to help us scale by selling a disruptive platform that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel? If so, we need to talk!
As a Senior Account Director GERMANY you will be an instrumental contributor to making our fast growth a sustainable trend. You will have a direct impact on the success of one of the hottest startups in Europe, be able to showcase your excellent communication, relationship, and negotiation skills, and empowered to act proactively to address our clients’ needs facilitating the sale process end-to-end.
What you will do:
- Manage all inbound leads as well as the entire sales process for Tier 1 leads in Germany.
- Own the sales forecast and the tactical planning to achieve these goals.
- Generate some of your own Tier 1 leads (50%) by working on targeted outbound campaigns.
- Manage multiple stakeholders, including C-Level, and their expectations to ensure success in sales cycles of 6-12 Months.
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides.
- Conduct high-level discussions with Office Manager, CFO or Travel Manager to explain the Travel Perk Value Proposition.
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce.
- Monitor and report on sales performance analytics.
- Mentor BDR and Account Directors to help them develop skills to manage a complex sales cycle (multiple stakeholders, C Level discussion Long sales Cycle).
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches to have an expert knowledge of TravelPerk.
- Help define and establish best practices altogether with the marketing team.
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase sales and improve the customer experience.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Being a Native German speaker is a must.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both spoken and written in German and English is a must.
- Additional EU languages will be a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in B2B direct sales (preferably phone-based), selling SaaS or technology solutions with long sales cycles to large enterprises within Germany.
- Proven track record of success in previous jobs, where you’ve always overachieved on your sales goals.
- Proven experience successfully managing B2B sales for sales cycles of 6-12 months.
- Consultative approach to sales. You must become the trusted advisor of your accounts very quickly.
- Proven experience:
- generating outbound leads for Medium to Large customers.
- closing leads for Medium to Large customers.
- mentoring salespeople to help them achieve their goal.
- successfully managing multiple stakeholders, including C-level.
- Strong experience in both Hunting and Farming.
- Available for extensive travel throughout the covered geography.
- Startup and Business Travel experience will be a plus.
- Data vs Opinion driven.
- Smart, fast learner, and resourceful. Tech savvy.
- Extrovert, enjoy social face-to-face interactions and can create long-lasting connections very easily.
- Good prioritization and focusing skills - you believe in 80/20.
- Independent. You don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit.
- Passionate, hungry and ambitious, but sound and ethical at the same time.
- Willingness to learn, progress, and further develop your career in sales.
- Comfortable working outside of the comfort zone if needed.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, never play political games, and care more about the team’s successes than your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You never let yourself get distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and will not get lost in the less important ideas that float around.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- A career opportunity to boost your career to the next level.
- A fun, fast-paced experience that will allow you to expand your knowledge.
- Amazing company culture.
-This position requires you to be based in Berlin. We can help with relocation if you are not based there.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Development Representative
Flexport, Hamburg, DE
Enterprise Account Executive
Confluent, Austin, Texas
Inside Sales Representative
Box, Tokyo, Japan
Customer Intelligence Analyst
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Assistant Trailhead Sales and Community Manager
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Sales Development Representative
Flexport, Copenhagen, DK