Finance Business Partner - Customer Care Specialist
The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $294m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
We’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. Because we’re innovators we have been focused on turning lemons into lemonade, during the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are searching for a world class individual to join our Strategic Planning and Analysis team, to be a Business Partner to our Customer Care organisation. TravelPerk holds our 7-star customer service as a critical factor to the success of the company, and we need a business
partner to support this department, connecting our financial strategy to best in class operating metrics.
This role can be based from Barcelona or London and requires you to be in the office once per week.
If this sounds like you, let's talk!
Who we are:
We are a dynamic Strategic Planning and Analysis team that enjoy solving the business
challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow Travelperk as fast as possible, but
in an efficient way. Our role is to inform and own some of Travelperk’s most important business
- Providing context and connection between functions, across time (quarter, year, multi-
year), and among varying levels of data (high-level external metrics to detailed
- Linking that context directly to our corporate and business strategy
- Objectively assessing the impact of decisions on our business
What you will do:
- Most importantly, bring your operational experience of best in class customer care and
help drive better data driven decisions (strategic and operational); and ensure the
desired impact is being measured and achieved
- Embed within the business and provide strategic and operational support to our
Customer Care leadership team, with a focus on developing plans, forecasts and
performance metrics that will ensure we maximise our efficiency
- Drive end-to-end financial planning and forecasting (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Use your extensive understanding of finance concepts and FP&A best practices,
including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Deeply understand market trends and use a data to establish best in class metrics
to benchmark and drive performance throughout the customer care organisation
- Generate content and insight in support of monthly Executive staff meetings, Board
presentations, OKRs, etc
- Provide analysis and reporting to bridge financial and operational results to ensure
- KPIs, risks and opportunities, and required actions are deeply understood
- Drive ad-hoc analyses, financial models, and business cases to innovate and influence
investment decisions in customer care. With in-depth knowledge of how a customer
care function operates, proactively look for ways to identify and deliver incremental
value and minimise waste
What you need:
- It is essential you come from a Customer Care background, or you have experience
finance business partnering Customer Care teams
- High-performing track record in a top high growth technology/software company, where
involvement in analysis and sophisticated financial models has been of fundamental
- You are poised communicator to all levels and with cross-functional business partners.
- You are willing to challenge the status quo, and not hesitant to voice your informed point
of view across the Customer Care leadership team
- You are highly analytical and can easily transition between the “big picture” and deep
diving into the detail
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the
information you need – but you don’t stop there - you tell the compelling story behind the
data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You understand GAAP and key accounting principles. Accounting qualification would be
useful, but not a necessity
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally and you enjoy having a high level of
- Role can be based in Barcelona or London, with an element of business travel required
for the role
- Strong academic record and a clear, structured thinker.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Flexible Work Policy
- You will need to be based in one of our hub countries, some positions are only open in specific locations
- We will require you to travel to the office hub in your country once or twice per week depending on your position
- In addition, every quarter you will be required to travel to an office hub location for up to 5 days to meet with your whole team
- We have flexible working hours to fit around your life
- Team members that want to go to the office more are welcome to!
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will asses weather this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare