The No. 1 travel management tool for small and medium businesses
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $294m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by the people who have supported some of tech’s most admired companies, from Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo to Delivery Hero, our team is made up of a unique blend of mindsets from different cultures all around the world that help us bring innovative ideas to the business travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the most exciting startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B Business travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by making the process more efficient and enjoyable for everyone involved.
We’re continuously growing and adapting to the global market. We are problem solvers first and foremost, when life gave us lemons, we made tasty lemonade!
During the last year we have been fortunate enough to welcome Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the TravelPerk team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to inspire us with their ideas, creativity and support of our goals and we are hoping to grow this great team right now!
We have some really unique problems to solve here, like building our Android app with an offline first approach. To help us we need an Android Engineer to join the team. You’ll get to be part of a small cross functional team that works really closely with the wider business, helping to ideate new features, improve processes, nurture more junior engineers and have a significant effect on the end user’s experience.
We’re not looking for stack experts or X years with Y framework, we like meeting kind, smart people who can learn the right tools and processes to make our product the best in show!
Read more about our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Director of Engineering, Ivan Peralta.
You’ll join our growing product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform that we want you to help shape for the future.
As an Android Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Android (Kotlin)
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Working in an Agile environment with attention to detail, quality and continuous integration.
- Working closely with people, helping those who need help, contributing to a positive and healthy engineering environment.
And also the possibility to get exposure to:
- Product development in Python/Django and React of a travel-related web-based product
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Other cultures and teams across our other hubs in Berlin, London and more.
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Pragmatism - simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- The desire for quality and testing.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Good communication in English.
What do we offer?
The most important benefit we offer is a healthy, inclusive and caring environment to work in, where people come first over processes. We know you don’t live to work, taking time to look after children, pets, even yourself, is OK.
Of course we also offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Flexibility to work from home most of the time with core hours
- Unforgettable TravelPerk team building events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Our story Booking and managing business travel is a pain we all know too well. It’s time-consuming, frustrating and existing solutions just don’t cut it. So we decided it’s time to create a simple, effective, all-in-one tool, designed for modern travellers and travel managers. After all, we all want to be productive, relax and simply enjoy the ride.
Want to learn more about TravelPerk? Visit TravelPerk's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth