Things you will do
- Design and implement/improve (Java, Ruby and Python are our languages of the trade) our middleware (Hadoop, Hive, etc.), and/or backends in cooperation with the Product team to continue supporting its data-heavy analysis use case.
- Develop software for operation automation and monitoring.
- Analyse and suggest/implement improvements of performance in a wide span of networks and middleware/backend applications.
- Operationalize (as in making it easier to observe/monitor and perform operations) as well as perform operations on our systems and application hosted on public cloud providers.
- Contribute your input on product improvements to stay ahead of industry trends and standards.
- Help translate business and product requirements into technical specifications and designs.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources across time zones and teams.
- Help train and mentor other Software Engineers.
Your background and skills will include
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- A solid understanding of computer science (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Around 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience operating Hadoop cluster or similar large Java based systems.
- Excellent Java programming experience and experience working with and tuning the JVM.
- Industry experience working running services in public cloud IaaS providers, specifically around computing, storage, relational databases, and load balancers to achieve service redundancy and robustness.
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively in cross-functional teams and a strong track record for delivery as part of a team more than individually.
- Strong foundation in system engineering on Unix like system.
- You engender a sense of mentoring and knowledge sharing amongst your team, hence creating a synergistic learning environment.
- Able to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with rigor and composure.
- Self motivation and sensitive about on-time delivery.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have had experience building and managing data-centric services that support a large user base.
- Are knowledgeable of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Presto, or other open-source distributed database/engine.
- Are familiar with security best practices.
- Have a hands-on experience with software packaging, such Debian, or similar.
- Take equal pride in optimizing as well as building systems and are able to share a success story around the former.
- Own or are actively contributing to any open-source project.
- Experience designing and developing APIs, middlewares, and/or backends to support data-heavy analysis systems.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities.
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.
Want to learn more about Treasure Data? Visit Treasure Data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Developer Evangelist - PHP
Twilio, Remote, UK
Field Sales Engineer (Boston)
Box, Boston, MA
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Zurich, Switzerland
Data Engineer, Data Warehouse
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Front End Engineer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Application Support Specialist
Exiger, London, UK