Things you will do
- Manage 4-5 team members, setting clear expectations, providing constructive feedback, and handling difficult management situations
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to focus the team on high business value projects, lead delivery and identify major initiatives on clear timelines
- Actively coach the people you work with to grow each member's communication, collaboration, and self-management capabilities.
- Establish and encourage networks of communication. A Team Lead should always look for opportunities for engineers to directly communicate and self-organize, within and across teams.
- Drive continuous improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work.
- Work with technical leads and engineers directly to break down the roadmap and product requirements for delivery.
- Spend approximately 50% of your time as an individual contributor: writing high quality, testable code as a way to augment the team’s work and help them succeed.
- Pairing with other engineers to help overcome challenges.
- Help us measure and improve reliability and performance across the product line by working with product owners and engineering teams.
- Make wise decisions balancing availability and delivery, and communicating those decisions clearly.
- Be an active participant and internal evangelist for our shared processes
- Work with engineering teams as a subject matter expert on operating software and systems at scale, teaching them from your experience or know-how, and helping them reach their goals. Assist with system design activities, bringing an experienced perspective to discussions to make the right tradeoffs.
We would be thrilled if you
- Are a student of complex systems theory and how to build resilient and adaptive systems and teams.
- Have experience working in highly distributed teams, across large timezone differences.
- Have a deep understanding of the common failure modes in distributed systemsPride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.