Things you will do
- Own our usage metric pipelines, which drive user-visible dashboards.
- Be responsible for the data pipelines that feed our billing processes.
- Ensure correctness of data by testing and validation as required for mission critical data pipelines.
- Work with key stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data, Infrastructure, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Your background and skills will include
- A minimum of 5+ years in a relevant data-centric role.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience working with multiple relational databases.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc..
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management. Have built and maintained data pipelines using a Workflow Management system, such as Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, Digdag, or other.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities in Japanese and English.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work with people distributed across different geographies.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with rigor and composure.
- Self motivated and sensitive about on-time delivery.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have experience working with large scale data processing on Spark, with a clear understanding of the challenges involved.
- You had familiarity in Data Science and Machine Learning.
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.