Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Backend)
Treasure Data, Tokyo
See jobs at Treasure Data
Things you will do
- Transforming requirements in Test plans covering smoke, sanity, regression, databases, integration and acceptance testing.
- Functional testing in charge of defining and driving the creation of a manual and/or automated QA process.
- Work the Product team in gathering product specifications (PRD).
- Collaborate with closely with the Engineering team to gather testing requirements.
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis and prepare reports of test results internally, using JIRA, along with detailed and easy-to-understand bug reporting.
- Assist with the creation of software product documentation and verify its ease of use.
- Develop automated regression test suites.
Your experience and skills with include
- 8+ years of experience of which at least 5 years in a software testing or software development role.
- 3 years of automation experience in the testing of API, big data using complex queries.
- 4+ years of experience with Python or Java.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment with minimal processes, limited guidance, and focused on productivity.
- Ability to triage issues and multitask on multiple projects.
- Working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand the business requirements.
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency.
- Showing creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Good attitude towards collaboration, helpfulness, and problem solving.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with web services, in particular REST API testing using an automated framework.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong SQL experience including complex query design, and experience working with Big Data.
- Continuous integration (CI)
We would be thrilled if you are
- A CQE Certification
- Experience with Hadoop technology stacks with hands-on experience running complex queries.
- Experience in API testing using one of the open source tools.
- 3+ years of leadership role.
- Familiarity with other Testing/QA automation tools for performance, load, stability, data quality, so you can lead the way with these tests.
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.