Things you will do
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tooling that will positively impact key areas (see above)
- With our team, be responsible for the systems you build.
- Drive continuous improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work.
- Help us measure and improve reliability and performance across the product line by working with product owners and engineering teams.
- Make wise decisions balancing availability and delivery, and communicating those decisions clearly.
- Be an active participant and internal evangelist for our shared processes, such as blameless post-mortems
- Work with engineering teams as a subject matter expert on operating software and systems at scale, teaching them from your experience or know-how, and helping them reach their goals.
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems.
Your background and skills will include
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience.
- building and maintaining software addressing key SRE areas of responsibility (see above).
- Strong Software Engineering experience, with an ability to work in multiple programming languages.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and operating them as they scale.
- Experience operating services running in the cloud (AWS primarily) or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities.
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, and Operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team.
- Ability slow down and communicate clearly and effectively across language barriers.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have experience automating datastore operations or datastores as a service.
- Crafted APIs and specifications that allow for future non-breaking changes while remaining backwards compatible for as long as possible.Had experience analyzing system-wide performance: latency, throughput, and efficiency.
- Were in a time zone that complements our coverage in Mountain View, Tokyo, or Europe (e.g. GMT through GMT+3).
- A student of complex systems theory and how to build resilient and adaptive systems.
- Able to build services backed by BLOB, relational, and/or document data stores, currently: S3, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB.
- Have experience working as part of a distributed or partially distributed team and thrive in an a highly collaborative and communicative work environment.
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.
Want to learn more about Treasure Data? Visit Treasure Data's website.
182 Active Jobs
On-demand delivery empowering local economies