Technical Support Engineer (Japan)
Treasure Data, Tokyo, Japan
See jobs at Treasure Data
Things You Will Do
- Be the best expert who knows our product inside and out. From the customer's perspective, you are the most authoritative source for anything related to Treasure Data's service.
- Help customers understand the value of Treasure Data as a Customer Data Platform (CDP) and expand their use of the platform by helping them build well-designed data lakes and data pipelines.
- Be a critical member of the support team, a leader, coach, and a trusted advisor for our Product and Engineering, and Customer Success team. Because Support is our heart in our company and serviceBe reachable by email and live chat (and occasionally video call) for our existing customers.
- Work with our CRM portal to provide technical assistance based on customer needs.
- Partake in the on-call rotation to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for our Enterprise Support subscribers.
- Provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Help improve our knowledge base and documentation to reduce the team’s workload, increase the ratio of first-response-resolutions, and reduce time-to-close of support tickets.
- Follow procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal engineering teams, including synthesizing the step to reproduce issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
Your Background and Skills Will Include
- 4+ years previous experience in a Technical Support or a Solution Architect role for a SaaS-based product, as well as 5+ years of overall work experience.
- Self-starter, self-driven and willing to follow through and find answers to ongoing customer problems.
- Ability to work independently, remotely or not, as a member of a geographically distributed team.
- Detail oriented and look at all the possible ways in which the customer may be affected by an issue.
- You love trying out new software and think deeply about how things can be done better.
- Loves OSS CultureStrong written and spoken English
- Skilled in writing SQL queries and reasoning about databases.
- Hands-on familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, or other similar platforms.
- Hands-on experience with help desk software (e.g. Zendesk).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
We Would Be Thrilled If You Had
- Have experience with Hive/Hadoop and/or Presto.
- Have knowledge of Android OS, iOS and/or Unity.
- Have Exposure to Machine Learning at medium to large scale
- Are familiar with MessagePack, Fluentd, Embulk, and/or Digdag.
Read these articles to know our Support role before you submit your resume
- お客様の課題解決と プロダクトの進化へ アプローチしていく 上加世田 暁 Principal Technical Support Engineer
- ジョブタイトルに縛られず、 挑戦できる環境がここにはある 笠井 彰人 Technical Support Engineer
- お客様目線とエンジニア目線を 両立させて問題を解決する 橘 樹男 Senior Technical Support Engineer
About Treasure Data
Treasure Data’s mission is to bring all customer data together for a single, actionable view of the customer. We’re here to help harness and analyze the information needed to create a data-driven enterprise. Our enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) helps you harness and analyze the information you need to create a data-driven enterprise. We bring all your customer data together for a single, actionable view of your customer. Only Treasure Data can handle the scale, security, and complexity required by a global enterprise in a way that empowers business decision-makers to deliver a superior customer experience and creates a unique competitive advantage. We empower you to better know your customers, engage in meaningful ways along the entire customer journey, measure your success and grow your business. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT-Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others.
Want to learn more about Treasure Data? Visit Treasure Data's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!