Sr. Product Manager, Viator Consumer Experience
Know better. Book better. Go better.
Sr. Product Manager, Viator Consumer Experience
Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
The Sr. Product Manager, based in Sydney, is responsible for defining and executing their own project roadmap, driving key initiatives for the Viator Consumer experience to optimize one of our main TripAdvisor Attractions revenue channel.
The Sr. PM collaborates with Engineering to produce requirements that evolve the platform’s feature set, and ensures quality deliverables on-time.
To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data, a natural leader, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal and external research. You have experience working in Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans and deliver best-in-class products. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones.
In the Attractions business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing area at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor growth and success.
What You’ll Do:
- Influence and carry out the Product vision for the Viator Consumer experience, identifying areas where improvement is needed; defining a project roadmap and executing on it.
- Manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Communicate the state of projects across teams, stakeholders as well as executives.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Perform extensive research to completely understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Fully own quality through hands-on quality assurance testing and make sure nothing gets lost in translation. You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high-volume environment.
What We Seek:
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Industry experience in payments, e-commerce or other transaction-intensive consumer applications preferred.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities.
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers.
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations, with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- Regular travel (once a quarter) to our San Francisco office to face-to-face meet with the rest of the Viator Consumer experience team.
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Technical Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF or Remote
Principal Product Manager
Instacart, San Francisco
Director of Product Analytics
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Appboy, New York, New York
Product Designer (Visual/PS Core)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA