We are looking for a smart and experienced Online Advertising Sales Planner to work closely with the sales executives to manage agency relationships and assist in all aspects of the sales process. Overall, we are looking for someone who is highly detail oriented, can thrive in a deadline oriented environment and has a very good working knowledge of the online sales process. This is an ideal position for a candidate looking to grow their online advertising experience within an exciting and dynamic organization and take the next step to advance their career in advertising sales. A team spirited individual with great communication skills and a positive outgoing attitude is a must.
The Sales Planner plays an integral role in supporting and enabling the TripAdvisor CPM Media Sales team. This position will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a team with Sales Executives, Digital Agencies and Clients and help them to manage the digital campaign process. The role will cover APAC with a necessity for communication in Japanese, as the role will be handling Japan market as well.
To support the Sales Team in their day-to-day processes, the sales planner will:
- Collaborate with Sales Managers to understand their client’s objectives and needs in order to develop strategic media plans in response to all RFPs
- Control CPM pricing through monitoring Rate Cards and inventory sell through rate
- Work with clients to obtain creative materials for scheduled ad buy
- Monitor for full campaign delivery on a monthly basis in addition to optimizing for performance in accordance to the client’s KPIs
- Provide varying levels of reporting on a weekly/biweekly basis to Sales Managers on active campaigns in preparation for team calls with the client
- Develop and construct research decks for Sales Managers in order for the Sales Team to prospect and analyze sales territory to develop new business opportunities
- Assemble post campaign wrap-up reports in order to obtain incremental revenue
- Be responsible for pre-sale of our Programmatic deals including forecasting and acting in accordance to pricing guidelines
- Be responsible for client monthly Billing Reconciliation in addition to working with the TripAdvisor Accounting Department to resolve billing issues and generate timely invoices
- Work with Advertising Solution Product Managers to develop sponsorship opportunities and custom advertorials
- Possess thorough knowledge of site specifications and analytics
- Attention to detail and experience managing operational tasks in a digital environment – at an agency/client/publisher- or at least one year experience in digital media
- Logical thinker who can keep up with digital concepts and emerging ad formats
- Excel skills with analytical ability preferred
- DoubleClick experience preferred
- A team player who can support and cover other team members in a proactive manner
- Ability to work to a deadline, prioritizing workloads according to different criteria
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands
- Able converse and write in Japanese preferred, as well as English
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the digital industry at an agency, client, or publisher
- The ideal candidate will have presentation skills and demonstrate the ability to put together coherent arguments and support these with relevant examples
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint expertise are fundamental to this role as is numeracy
- Familiarity and knowledge in media and the internet is preferred
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Account Manager, Channels & Alliances Sales
Pivotal Software, Seoul
Store Leader, NorthPark Center
Warby Parker, Dallas, TX
Strategic Account Executive | Ohio Valley
Mendix, Cincinnati | Cleveland
Checkr, San Francisco, CA
Account Executive - Cloud Foundry (Federal)
Pivotal Software, Washington D.C.
Senior EMEA Renewals Account Executive - German Speaking
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland