Sr. Director, Search Engine Marketing, Attractions and Rentals
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA or London, UK
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is looking for a Sr. Director, SEM, to join our TripAdvisor Attractions/Rentals team. In this role you will lead and build a team focused on growing SEM for the Attractions and Rentals businesses across multiple brands.
Reporting into the VP of Traffic - Attractions and Rentals, you will manage a global team located across the US and the UK, you will define the global SEM strategy and will ensure execution. You need to have deep experience in both initiating new SEM programs as well as running mature, successful programs. You need to be experienced at managing and mentoring large teams as well as have an expertise in SEM industry best practices. You must be extremely strategic, analytical and results driven with experience in large scale spend trends.
What You Will Do
- Lead and build a team focused on growing SEM through both operational optimizations and creating new revenue opportunities / channels.
- Own and manage SEM unit accountable for analyzing, optimizing, and growing SEM accounts.
- Drive all aspects of the operating plans for the team including the development and implementation of SEM plans and campaigns.
- Implement methods for measuring and reporting on campaign performance including the oversight of in-depth analyses of data and current strategies to drive performance improvements and shape the project road map.
- Work with colleagues on the engineering team to identify areas of opportunity to improve or augment existing tools, functions, or processes to drive overall program improvements
- Partner with the Product Team and business leaders to align traffic acquisition strategies with the goals and objectives of the overall business.
- Develop and foster exceptional relationships with partners at major search engines.
- Direct the evaluation and adjustment of strategies to improve campaign performance, e.g., bidding, keyword generation, advertising copy, reporting, and analytical techniques.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting guidelines for financial reporting.
- Develop testing ,e.g., A/B or multivariate tests, for key SEM performance levers, e.g., ad copy and landing pages.
- Interact with senior management to keep abreast of function or unit objectives, and interact with direct reports and peers in management, customers, and vendors, to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and roll out new initiatives.
- Oversee, manage, hire, train, evaluate, counsel, and develop a team of Specialists; and ensure the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Masters’ or PhD degree.
- 8-10 years minimum experience required, including a minimum of 3 years of management experience with a team of 4+.
- Expert knowledge of SEM across large scale campaigns.
- Expert analytical skills.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar SEM budgets.
- E-commerce, travel, consumer, or retail experience, a plus.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to apply them externally, internally, and at all levels.
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with experience communicating with senior leadership. Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and demonstrated experience in analysis and presentation creation.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Associate - Phoenix
Lyft, Phoenix, AZ
Product Marketing Manager, Marketplace & Payments
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco
Product Marketing, Dental
Carbon, Redwood City
Makeup & Nail Merchandising Intern, Summer 2018
Birchbox, New York
Growth Manager, Retention
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA