Head of Subscription Sales (Retail arm), APAC
TripAdvisor, Singapore, Singapore
Know better. Book better. Go better.
Head of Sales, Retail
TripAdvisor’s mission is to enable travellers around the world to unleash the full potential of their every trip. We are relentless in innovating new products, creating new content often with our partners to enrich our travellers’ experiences and help identify the best deals. We love empowering our people and travellers alike.
Why is this role exciting for you:
Are you passionate about Travel and love checking out new shopping ‘IT’ spots to discover the latest best buys? Would you love working for a globally beloved, industry-leading website? Are you an ‘influencer’ and love to help travelers find options to satisfy their retail needs? Are you driven by making an impact? If so, we would like to talk to you about joining TripAdvisor's newest team as Head of Retail.
In this role, you will champion TripAdvisor’s newest vertical, Retail. A premium content led product to help travelers find the best place to shop in, discover featured brands and best deals. You will lead a team to drive subscription sales and related products to the retail sector.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in an elite global sales and ops team. In addition, have open access and opportunity to engage our team of colleagues from various roles and cross-functional unit.
Who you are:
TripAdvisor is seeking for an experienced leader to lead business development and evangelize for our new Retail vertical. As a trusted global platform, it is our responsibility to establish meaningful relationships with key Retail stakeholders; and manage C-suite relationships to deliver a mutually trusting and successful partnership. You will grow and mentor a high-performing team that works cross-functionally to build new partnerships for TripAdvisor.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of and Sales & business experience in an industry vertical, retail or ecommerce will be a plus. Sales/Media experience in advertising and experience in the multi-channel/omni-channel retail industry will also be a plus. Industry understanding, deep analytical skills, priority management, stakeholder management and the ability to reach and influence senior decision-makers and a strong ‘can-do’ spirit that drives a self-starter is a must.
• Mentor and Grow the Retail business development and sales team
• Eager to ‘lead the pack’ and drive for results
• Strong ability to put together a budget, accurate forecasting and develop strong pipeline
• Become a subject matter expert on all topics related to travel and retail
• Act as primary point of resource for Insights & analytics questions
• Deliver consistently high-quality presentation, and be able to eloquently deliver key messaging both internally and externally
• Continue to brainstorm new ideas and ways TripAdvisor’s retail can be used to further strengthen client KPIs and nurture the relationships
• Look out for strategic partnerships to further enhance the TripAdvisor retail offering
The ideal candidate is:
• Passionate about travel and how it continues to grow and change across the world
• A logical thinker motivated by intellectual curiosity to learn and understand the latest idea and methodologies in digital marketing analytics within the travel retail space
• Highly motivated, capable of moving multiple projects forward rapidly on your own with a manager located remotely
• Talented in analysing data, identifying insights and developing them into compelling presentations
• Experienced and comfortable working in Excel and summarising findings in PowerPoint
• Well-presented, lucid and able to put together coherent arguments and support them with relevant examples
• Attentive to detail and experienced managing operational tasks in a digital environment – at an agency, client, or publisher
• Always on the lookout for information, developments and market news to help the team sell more effectively
• Comfortable working as a team player on an energetic, international team
• Performs well in a fast-paced, highly changing marketplace and driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands
• Able to work to a deadline, prioritising workloads according to different criteria
• Excellent spoken/written English, with a strong working knowledge of other major languages also preferred
• Strong network within the retail sector and luxury brands
• At least 5 years’ experience selling for luxury publications, ecommerce, or related subscription sales preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or above. Excellent candidates with relevant experience will be considered.
• Managerial experience of a team with large recurring revenue
• Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint and general computer skills are fundamental to this role
• Familiarity and knowledge of digital media and the internet strongly preferred
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales & Marketing Internship
ZenProspect, San Francisco
Director, Customer Success
Treasure Data, Mountain View, CA
Snap Inc., Dubai, UAE
Sales Enablement Manager
Rapid7, London (Reading), UK
Yext, Paris, France
Sleep Specialist (Store Associate) - Bellevue
Casper, Bellevue, WA