TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 455 million travellers each month.
The Lisbon office of the Attractions and Rentals group is looking for a senior software engineer with leadership experience to join our fast-growing team. Our work supports hundreds of thousands of travellers each day booking attractions and holiday homes across the globe.
We’re responsible for the entirety of the marketplace: suppliers, owners, travellers, finance and customer support. We build and maintain the underlying systems that power the common supply platform as well as all of the points of sale and customer service tools.
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
Across TripAdvisor, we’ve worked hard to create an atmosphere of “Speed Wins” – minimising process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organisation; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
What you’ll do
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Mentor and lead more junior developers.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re developing in Java, React, PHP, SQL and more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world - particularly the partner office in Oxford, UK. We have teams in the UK, US and Australia and regularly work with third parties.
What we’re looking for
- At least 8 years’ experience of commercial software development, including leadership experience.
- A history of web development with Java.
- Some familiarity with scripting languages such as PHP or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to design and query relational databases.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Extensive experience in software development.
- Background in developing scalable code for high-volume systems.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Security Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ
Site Reliability Engineer
Gemini, New York, NY & Portland, OR
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Oslo, Norway
Lead Data Engineer
Handshake, San Francisco
Lead Design Engineer - Thermal Management System
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles