Data Scientist - Attractions & Rentals Team
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is looking for a Data Scientist to join a growing team within its Attractions and Rentals division. As a Data Scientist, you will process massive amounts of user data and build advanced machine learning models to solve a variety of complex business problems, such as recommender systems, fraud-detection, text/image processing, online advertisement, and ranking algorithms. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real time as you help the company grow.
We are looking for someone who is a fast learner, independent, and curious, who is passionate about data science and machine learning. You will be working in a diverse environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business.
What You Will Do:
- Process massive amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark/SQL/Hive.
- Build advanced supervised and unsupervised machine learning models (e.g., auto-encoders, recurrent/convolutional networks, XGBoost, etc.)
- Research new machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- Write production code in Python
- Carry out A/B test experiments
- Communicate findings to non-technical audience
What You Will Bring To The Team:
- PhD or Masters in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field (PhD preferred).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics (Bayesian statistics is a plus)
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
- Proficiency in Spark for big data processing
- Experience training deep neural networks
- Experience with natural language processing
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Microbial Evaluation, Discovery, Intern
Indigo, Boston, MA
Power Electronics Analyst
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Content Project Manager
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA
Director of Data Science
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Analyst, Programmatic Solutions
Time Inc., New York, NY
Medical Director, Hematology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA