Key Accounts Operations Specialist
TripAdvisor, London, United Kingdom
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor’s mission is to unleash the full potential of every trip. By providing people-powered clarity and foresight for travellers, we help travellers all over the world have the confidence and satisfaction of knowing they are making the best choices of where to stay, what to pay, and what to do on all their trips.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced, mature and dynamic self-starter who is passionate about Operational Efficiency & Excellence and who desires to grow his/her career in hotel advertising operations. This is a role for smart, detail-oriented people who are enthusiastic to learn about hotel auction dynamics within the Auction Operations team.
Why this job is awesome:
As an Auction Operations Executive, you will support the Account Management team, Online Travel Agencies and Key Hotel Suppliers in the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of their Meta, Instant Book and other Auction related campaigns. You are a consultant to various internal and external partners for all auction campaign specifications, guidelines and turnaround times on TripAdvisor as well as smart bidding products, and you are the go-to-person for conversion, API and auction health matters. You play a crucial role to TripAdvisor’s bottom line by providing best in class service and solutions to the Account Managers and clients and in ensuring our advertisers’ hotel rates are correctly displayed on various placements in the price comparison auction.
What you'll do:
- Working closely with clients, engineering and Account Management team, you will set up new campaigns, as well as ongoing resolution of technical issues related to hotel partners’ Auction and Sponsored Placements campaigns. Key campaign aspects include URL tracking implementation, data feed configuration and processing, conversion tracking, facilitating partner’s API set up, and API and auction health monitoring.
- You will effectively QA a partner’s API integration and pixel implementation to ensure a high-quality launch and successful conversion tracking, across all devices, points of sale, and applicable use cases. Independently triage and prioritize the severity of bugs and make recommendations for whether something is a launch blocker.
- Be a consultant to clients for conversion tracking implementation and communicate key issues and launch status to internal and external stakeholders
- You will become a ‘super-user’ of all the internal tools used to set up campaigns, test and troubleshoot partner campaigns
- Monitor live partners’ Auction health; investigate pricing and conversions issues, and alert Account Management and partners to resolve issues affecting partner performance.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and discrepancies escalated by Account Managers and clients.
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to identify and fix tool bugs.
- Identify areas for ongoing process and productivity improvements related to the role and make recommendations to improve efficiencies for TripAdvisor and its partners.
What We Need From You:
- Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience in Ad Operations/project management/business analysis/engineering role.
- Strong attention to details, highly organized
- Ability to manage complex technical issues and communicate them to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Great analytical skills. Excellent problem solver who distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Knowledge of URL structures and tracking implementations with web analytics companies.
- Basic knowledge of software interaction programs (API) required.
- Basic understanding of pixel implementation components
- Ability to review processes and make informed recommendations to improve our proprietary tools and exchange of information.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce, JIRA) would be advantageous.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible, open to change and new ways of working; adapts behaviour and work methods accordingly.
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour towards others; and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in a timely manner, and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role.
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.