Software Engineer II, Advertising Solutions
Know better. Book better. Go better.
Advertising Solutions’ mission is simple: build products that drive revenue for TripAdvisor. Our users are looking for guidance and advice across all stages of the travel planning and in-destination experience. Their goals span from aspirational: "we’ll go anywhere, but we want a life-changing experience," to task-oriented: "help us plan the best possible trip to Belize - we love diving," to here-and-now: "we’re visiting Cairo for the first time; what’s the best way to experience the pyramids?"
As a Software Engineer on the Advertising Solutions team, you will work in partnership with Product Management and Design to deliver solutions that scale to our community, showcase our experience, and make you proud to be part of TripAdvisor.
We move quickly, iterate constantly, and are not afraid to set big goals. We value inclusion, celebrate diversity, and encourage giving. We believe we are better together, and show it in everything we do.
We use Java as our main backend language, though we’re happy to interview people in the language of their choice. Our infrastructure encompasses a wide array of prevalent technologies, so if you’ve used any of these (or similar substitutes) you should let us know in your application:
- Kubernetes, Docker
- PostgreSQL, Ceph, Redis, Snowflake, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra
- React, GraphQL, Apollo
- Amazing facilities that you've got to see, with free drinks and snacks (including a pub for after-hours), free gourmet lunch every day, and a wide variety of other perks
- In-person mentoring and self-paced education facilities
- Great team of talented, supportive engineers
- Employee-run resource groups that support many backgrounds and alignments
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Creativity, curiosity, and a passion to learn
- Desire to be part of shipping great experiences to the world
You also have:
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and design
- Real-world experience applying your coding skills
- Something to show us, whether from a job or passion-project, that demonstrates what you care about
- Time to meet with us, to collaborate on an exercise, and to have fun showcasing your talent
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer – Data Science
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Engineering
Squarespace, New York, NY
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer