Director of Product, Restaurants B2C
The Restaurants Business Unit is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 5+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million total monthly active users using TripAdvisor, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners: our ambition is to become the most trusted source for helping travelers find memorable food experiences.
As a Director of Product, Restaurants B2C you will be in charge of the overall strategy definition and execution, including: the restaurant discovery consumer experience, the traffic monetization and the business model related to the restaurants activity, and the growth strategy (traffic, revenue, user engagement). The strategy will be designed in conjunction with the restaurant's executive team and the CoreX team in charge of the overall User Experience for Travelers.
You will lead the B2C Restaurants Product Group managing a small team of Product Managers. In addition, you will work with a team of dedicated 10/15 engineers, shared UX Designers, user researchers, business analysts, and SEO specialists. Your team will also collaborate with CoreX teams in order to optimize the integration of the restaurant experience in the overall experience and to boost traffic and engagement of diners.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel and restaurants, fluency with data, strong experience in online consumer product and marketing and leadership experience as part of a management team, start-up founding team or in charge of a P&L.
If you love to create value for consumers, are driven by driving and being held accountable for business results, this position is for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Define a vision and strategy by collaborating with leadership team and CoreX team
- Translate that vision with your team into key initiatives
- Define with your management team the annual objectives and translate them into quarterly OKRs with your teams and peers.
- Build and own your annual budget with the FP&A team
- Cultivate a high sense of accountability in the team and help them reach their objectives.
- Maintain a good understanding of your business through in depth analysis and interaction with data, customers' feedback and insights, and competition benchmarks
- Strive for permanent better customer experience and be 100% accountable for the restaurant consumer experience in the company
- Lead the development of an analytics dashboard with your team to monitor KPIs
- Work with and lead cross-functional teams to define product specifications, establish milestones, coordinate roadmaps and understand dependencies.
- Represent the restaurants'’ users and team in cross-functional meetings within TripAdvisor product organization.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
What We Seek:
- Online product and marketing experience:
- 10+ years work experience with at least 5 years in a product management capacity with an emphasis on eCommerce and native app products including the design of the product through information architecture, wireframes and mock-ups
- 4+ years successfully managing and mentoring product managers as direct reports.
- Good knowledge of online marketing including SEO, CRM...
- Someone technical enough to understand the basics of how developing product in an internet company works.
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- Leadership and management
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business, product and consumers.
- P&L and entrepreneur mindset
- Good 360 view on a given business
- Able to interpret P&L trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support revenue creation.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Must be great leader. Be a strong advocate for and leader of the larger B2C product team.
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Data Products
The Trade Desk, New York, NY, Boulder, CO, Denver, CO, Ventura, CA, Irvine, CA, San Jose, CA, San Francisco, CA Bellevue, WA, Seattle, WA