Business Development Manager, Flights and Cars
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is a leader in the online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. As a company, we are a group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
Why this job is excellent:
TripAdvisor is looking for a smart and experienced e-commerce professional to help lead the business development efforts for the Flights and Car Rentals team in North America. The role will be responsible for managing a diverse set of partner relationships to ensure industry leading supply and for growing partner related revenue on the transport business. The Business Development Manager will develop and prioritize key partner related initiatives and have responsibility for delivering on new and existing partner placements. The successful candidate must be driven, creative, and resourceful and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires a broad mix of business, technical and communication skills including the ability to manage multifunctional relationships and complex projects in a fast changing environment.
Responsible for managing the partner campaigns for the company's flight and Car search product and other related businesses. Serving as the primary contact for partner integrations and working closely with the other regional managers and directors on the Flights and Car businesses on key distribution and connectivity related initiatives. Defining partner related product requirements for the Flights business and works closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing and CRM teams. The role will cultivate and maintain key relationships across a wide variety of external partners and secure new partners. This role will monitor overall partner performance and provides direction on regional initiatives with a focus on revenue manages partner placements through a firm understanding of CPC, CPA, conversion and other performance metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure new Flights and Car partners, focusing on our meta and merchandising placements. Primary target market is OTA’s.
- Ensures that campaigns are delivering to performance criteria and resolves any technical issues related to the campaign.
- Global lead for identifying areas for process and productivity improvements, make recommendations, define scope, and work with the relevant teams to improve efficiencies
- Oversees core metrics and utilises industry expertise to provide recommendations to improve revenue streams based on each unique market needs.
- Creates and helps execute on a partner revenue strategy for both North American Flights partners and Global Car partners.
- Identifies opportunity areas to grow Flights and Car revenue.
- Develops key partner related projects for the Flights and Car business.
- Responsible for online partner merchandising and marketing initiatives;
- Coordinates with the other directors on the product, functionality and needs of Air and Car partners;
- Liaises with other business units within TripAdvisor.
- Extensive e-commerce, partner management, or online travel experience
- Experience working with OTA’s a plus
- Strong negotiating skills and business development know-how
- Exceptional online marketer with traffic acquisition experience
- Solid analytical background with an understanding of reporting and tracking tools
- Knowledge of online merchandising and advertising
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.