Machine Learning- Principal Data Scientist
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is growing and is looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to contribute to our data science team. TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. We take pride in our work and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including machine learning scientists, analysts, software engineers, and product managers. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your projects and to find new opportunities and problems where machine learning could be applied to improve the business. You will apply your modeling skills to a wide variety of problems such as Recommender systems, Ranking algorithms, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, and NLP. You will deploy your solutions online and be able to observe the impact of your work in real-time as you help the company grow.
What you will do:
- Develop advanced machine learning models to solve a variety of complex business problems (Personalization, Ranking algorithms, Recommendations, Search Engine Marketing, Computer vision, NLP).
- Prototype algorithms, evaluate, deploy, and test new models in production.
- Demonstrate leadership in design and implementation of new machine learning solutions for complex business problems.
- Take a pro-active approach, guide the business and advocate for best practices of machine learning to maximize business impact.
- Automate ETL processes.
- Communicate the results to business stakeholders.
- 5 years of industry experience for Masters, or 3 year for PhDs.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.
Jobs You May Like
Senior SEO Manager