Tripadvisor is looking for a software engineer to take this exciting opportunity to join our fast-moving group in the B2C organization. In this role, you will help us build, upgrade, and sustain successful connectivity between the world’s largest and most trusted travel site, visited by over 500 million travelers each month, and the world’s leading travel brands, from large OTAs to independent boutique chains. These true web-scale connections between Tripadvisor and our partners provide Tripadvisor’s travelers with the information they need for the best guidance on their considered trips and dream vacations.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
• Design and develop simple solutions for complex connectivity challenges.
• Adapt to large-scale interdependent systems, including working closely with cross-functional teams consisting of technical and business stakeholders
• Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
• Continually improve efficiency by contributing to team development of automated tools.
• Mentor and lead more junior developers, including improving and adding to system documentation and processes.
• Rotating on-call duty for network connectivity support.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
• Excellent problem-solving ability with effective debugging of complex systems
• Proficiency with 6+ years’ experience of programming Java, including leadership experience.
• Ability to construct complex SQL queries, and quickly develop scripts (e.g. Python/Bash)
• Solid understanding of HTTP and related internet protocols
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.