At Tripadvisor, we believe there’s good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same. The
Tripadvisor Localization team is seeking an experienced Group Program Manager to own and drive 1) localization technology and 2) strategic localization programs and initiatives. This role will be a champion of global and will excel at collaborating in a global, distributed team environment. The GPM will build and manage a scalable localization technology infrastructure and influence teams to apply internationalization and localization best practices as they build products.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and manage scalable localization technology solutions to serve all parts of the Tripadvisor business
- Drive technical integrations between content repositories and the localization infrastructure, working closely with US-based engineers
- Establish, optimize and manage localization methodologies to enable truly localized products and content in all languages
- Understand global business requirements beyond translation and deliver solutions for those
- Influence teams to design and build for global, effectively applying localization best practices
- Manage a team of Language Managers and a Senior Localization Coordinator
- Communicate status, KPI, key issues and launch plans for initiatives to key stakeholders across the business
- Provide localization and internationalization consulting on optimal solutions and methods to business stakeholders
- Manages vendor relationships and vendor accountability, ensuring vendors adhere to SLAs
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Strong technical localization background, with demonstrable experience in successfully leading and delivering large-scale, complex localization solutions for multiple teams in a fast-paced technology environment
- 5+ years of localization program management experience, preferably in e-commerce
- Proven ability to build effective relationships, as well as manage and develop a team
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Ability to interpret data and tends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans
- Demonstrated experience of successfully building business cases using data
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and work with cross-functional teams to deliver on new ideas
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Quality-focused with high attention to detail
- Fluency in multiple non-English languages is a strong advantage
- Degree level qualification
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos