Manager of Account Management, Hospitality Solutions
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
As a leader and manager of the Hospitality Solutions Account Management team, you will work to simultaneously support sales as well driving process and facilitating execution internally. To be effective in this role, this leader will have to work seamlessly with their Account Managers to both act fast and respond to trends in performance, while also being comfortable diving into the details.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Managing a global team of Hospitality Solutions Account Managers.
- Lead & understand the process of an HS AM’s day-to-day work. Review/adjust and enforce their R&Rs where necessary in order to find ways to increase skill growth and efficiencies.
- Oversee & build a consistent process and framework for AMs to proactively present insights, data & campaign metrics during client meetings and/or QBRs.
- Ensure your team is consistently and pro-actively managing renewal and up-sell opportunities for all current clients
- Partner closely with Ad Ops & other Business Operations Teams on campaign activations & optimizations.
- Establish management AM metrics that allows leadership to understand and track AM’s workload, effort per task, work effectiveness.
- Create and manage escalation path for Hospitality Solutions products working with cross-functional stakeholders across product, accounting, etc.
- Partner with Media Account Management leadership to create aligned processes and share best practices
- Recognize inefficiencies and inconsistencies in sales processes, identify and execute on plan to solve for them
- Represent, partner, and collaborate with Enterprise sales team in product business reviews, product launch sprints and OKR planning
- Serve as the HS AM leader/liaison between the client, creative services and ad operation teams – support Best Practices & Ad Guidelines on design and approach for assets.
- Provide regularly scheduled communications around your team’s work and accomplishments with Sales Leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Develop a keen understanding of how the Tripadvisor platform and unique Hospitality Solutions ad products will deliver value in support of the clients advertising goals.
- Work closely with Accounting/Billing leaders in order to support & improve billing efforts for our clients from invoice to payout
- 3+ years of Managerial experience of Account Managers
- 5+ years of agency or direct-client Account Management experience
- Preferred experience: managing global teams
- Experience working with performance advertisers or brands
- Preferred: Experience working with Travel/Hotel related advertisers or brands
- Experience in programmatic executions and workflows; hands-on experience with a DSP is preferred
- Reporting intelligence with Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint & Tableau
- Strong desire for collaboration, creative brainstorms and proactive client engagement
- Familiar with commercial digital ad serving tools
- Analytical, project management, deadline-drive, and process-oriented personality
- Self-starter, comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Requirements for the Role:
- Trust and Confidence: Has won the complete trust and confidence of AMs & AEs in the region, internal stakeholders (BLLs, Product, Analytics, etc.) and sales leadership. Embodies trust and confidence in themselves.
- Trusted internal client advocate who is seen by the teams as a knowledgeable and competent partner for sales leadership
- Represents Product and Ops expertise for the sales teams with the certainty and confidence which reinforces and strengthens. Is the natural “go to” for information and escalations
- Builds close, trusted relationships with HS AMs, whom they will manage. Serve as a sounding board and a confidant, encourages and welcomes honest feedback, opinions and comments from HS AMs on gaps, inefficiencies and disparities. Understands the knowledge gaps in each AM and Sales team in arranging the right training and support system to cover the gaps
- Exemplifies trust and speaks with conviction across all engagements and meetings
Process and consistency: in depth understanding of processes within the sales teams, rules of engagement with the other teams, division of responsibilities among functions, be the guard of consistency and efficiency
Monitors activities that HS AMs are involved in consistently through in-person and group sessions, frequent check ins, being on the ground with AMs and observing their day to day routine
Recognizes inefficiencies and inconsistencies, comes up with different solutions and approaching to solving the issues. Assesses resources and rudiments from the system and product sides
Create concise and specific proposals for Ops and Sales leadership with specific steps and actions to be put in place.
Identifies consistent drivers/reasons for opportunities we are winning and also closed lost, shares them within the team, and incorporates this key information into the strategy moving forward.
Project Management: able to lead complex multifunctional projects independently, defines goals and objectives, identifies resources, provides updates to the right stakeholders at right moment, solicits feedback, proactively drives the projects all the way to completion
The projects may be related to efficiency improvements, process refinement or complete redesign, new products or improvements/enhancement rollout, new tools or vendors
Identify and share best practices, winning approaches and test results globally:
Be involved in any tests in pods, closely works with peers in other regions to gain knowledge of developments globally
Creatively thinks about application of learning, discoveries and test results, collaborates with the peers, identifies best way to share and spread the knowledge
Works with training team on creating materials and training programs if needed
Connecting tissue: conduit across multiple teams selling and supporting different products:
Understands how TripAdvisor works, how to navigate key stakeholders, processes, and product sets. Capitalizes on how teams accomplish their best work, supports changes and evolution, stays current on product, people, and organizational changes, picks things up quickly, and builds upon them.
Be involved and engaged with Hospitality Solutions (HS) product teams for all products, stay on top of the new developments and the roadmaps, communicates the need for additional training and communication to the HS AMs
Collect feedback from the HS AMs, consolidate and provide to product teams, research, teams, etc.
Influences and Drives: Uses influence to get things accomplished and to move business forward.
Operates autonomously, independently, doesn’t wait for direction or inertia from other sources to take action on their business. Communicates frequency and effectively with the peers globally
Provides feedback up, down, and across the organization in order to enhance collective performance and outcomes. Makes recommendations and comes with solutions when providing feedback where possible.
Communicates effectively and proactively, and successfully navigates the dance between internal and external expectations. Has the rapport, relationships, and trust which he/she needs to be tough when necessary in order to get something done. Provides context to support a POV, a decision, a timeline, etc, in order to gain consensus.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid